BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Boot space Jimny 2019 pictures?

• lsp
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Aug 2019 15:02 #212387 by lsp
Boot space Jimny 2019 pictures? was created by lsp
Hello
We are looking at a new Jimny. But we are not sure if the jimny is big enough.

How is your layout of the boot space?

Can you get room for a mid size dog ang gear? (A vizsla and hunting gear)

Weekend camping trips with 2 persons and 1 dog?

I hope that you guys will share some photos of you setups.
I need a little help to "sell" the jimny to my wife:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Aug 2019 15:26 - 20 Aug 2019 15:33 #212388 by Gadget
I'm sure you're already aware that with the rear seats up, there's effectively zero boot space...... well, maybe a daschshund lying down would fit provided it didn't want to move :laugh:

With the seats down there's a good amount of space. Here's a pic of mine with seats down and rubber load liner in place. The load space is 130cm at its widest and 76cm deep from back door to end of the load liner (which is where the folded seatbacks end), you still have space beyond that behind the front seats, which are setup for a driver who is 5'10" / 178cm.

The big advantage of the Jimny is that it's very tall inside, so you can stack a lot of stuff vertically, provided you secure it with cargo nets. My usual setup is a 50/50 split in the back, keeping one seat for my son and the other flat for storage.This pic shows a 120litre bag at the bottom, with an 80l bag on top and still more space above.

I think you'd easily get two people, camping gear and a dog in relative comfort inside.

Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Aug 2019 15:33 by Gadget.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640

More
20 Aug 2019 15:35 #212389 by mlines
And here are a couple with the seats up, basically no space. Its a two seater if you want to carry anything.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
20 Aug 2019 15:40 #212391 by stiffsteve204me
Mine, with the dog box in situ.

File Attachment:

Loaded up for a 500 mile trip (one way).

File Attachment:

I have enough room for a carcass tray, and kit, when stalking. Also fine for pigeon shooting decoys etc.

Can not help with the camping question, I'm afraid, but the Jimny was fine at a hotel.:lol:

File Attachment:

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Aug 2019 15:43 - 20 Aug 2019 15:48 #212392 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Boot space Jimny 2019 pictures?
With seats down and rubber matt laid out, there is surprisingly a decent amount of space.

When seats are upright, space is limited as yoy can see, but for bits of small kit (bino's, filding shivel, torches, hats, glives, medi kits etc etc..
ive managed to pack far more than i thought possible.

The built in boot cubby, together with my added boot boxes makes for handy free space.

But yeah..... it aint gonna fit 2 great danes in there lol.
Last edit: 20 Aug 2019 15:48 by Andy2640.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds