BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

More
07 Dec 2019 00:42 #216280 by AJ
Replied by AJ on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
I don't know if this will help anyone but there appears to be a White demo SZ5 with 426 miles on the clock still up for grabs at Ludlow Motors in Shropshire. www.ludlowmotors.co.uk/used/suzuki-jimny...are-car-aetv40029116

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JimnyJohn
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Dec 2019 14:25 #216284 by JimnyJohn
Replied by JimnyJohn on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
At £3500 above list price, they can keep it!

• nogbad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Dec 2019 17:13 #216286 by nogbad
Replied by nogbad on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
I thought Suzuki would have tried to improve things for people wanting new Jimmy's for next year, but it looks like all the people on waiting lists are going to suffer the same problems we who now have one had if the numbers coming in next year do not improve.

More
08 Dec 2019 12:56 #216292 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
Give it another 2 years and many of the initial purchasers will be trying to get back on 'the list' to get s new one.

My own Jimny is coming up for 12 months old - maybe I will need to speak to the dealer about getting back on the list. Although he has mentioned a desire to buy mine back on a number of occasions - so maybe I'll get put on his VIP or priority customer waiting list? Wouldn't want to be placed below some random speculator who is simply out to flip a Jimny at a profit.

• ROjames
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Dec 2019 12:37 #216389 by ROjames
Replied by ROjames on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
A rumour floating around that all UK imports of Mk4’s have been cancelled. All dealers have released their demos as of Dec 1st. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

More
11 Dec 2019 13:17 #216391 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
Is in bits of the posts above.

Dealers told they can release their demonstrators if they want to. No more demonstrators will be provided.

Customer car volumes will be lower and will be supplied to dealers on an ad hoc basis with little choice of what they get and when.

New commercial model for 2021

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• JimnyJohn
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Dec 2019 14:10 #216397 by JimnyJohn
Replied by JimnyJohn on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
Interesting rumour. Ask yourself who benefits from spreading this stuff....dealers keen to off load ex demo models at above market price and speculators who've bought Mk4s with the intention of selling at a profit.
I've just gone onto the waiting list. Both dealers I spoke to said expect to wait up to 2 years. One wanted £1000 deposit, the other said they'd only take a deposit when supply looked more certain, so I went on that one's list. The message I had was that the supply situation should become clearer by March/April next year. As far as I know, the demo model that I tried last week is still there (though it was already pre-sold). Let's hope it's just 'fake news' - there's a lot of it about these days!

More
11 Dec 2019 14:37 #216398 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
Had a call yesterday from the dealer I have my order with, offering me their white demonstrator. And yes it was higher than list price too, although maybe not by that much.

Don't want a white one though, also not too keen on an ex-demo as you know it will have been ragged and abused.

Dealer told me they had been given confirmation of only 750 Jimny's for the UK for next year (approx 4 per dealer or something). Obviously this is only what they said on the phone and I have no way of validating it.

So I remain on the list, but no indication of expected delivery. Is a real shame Suzuki don't really seem to care.

• LeesJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Dec 2019 14:57 #216399 by LeesJimny
Replied by LeesJimny on topic Re:Re:New Jimny waiting list
The dealership told me due to emissions they can’t bring many in the country as it will effect their whole range of cars, something to do with an EU level or something, for mine in February, they have a black demo and sold one other white one, all SZ5’s
Suppose if they can sell them outside of the eu easily why bother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Guy 2
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Dec 2019 16:25 #216401 by Guy 2
Replied by Guy 2 on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list

300bhpton wrote: Had a call yesterday from the dealer I have my order with, offering me their white demonstrator. And yes it was higher than list price too, although maybe not by that much.

Don't want a white one though, also not too keen on an ex-demo as you know it will have been ragged and abused.

Dealer told me they had been given confirmation of only 750 Jimny's for the UK for next year (approx 4 per dealer or something). Obviously this is only what they said on the phone and I have no way of validating it.

So I remain on the list, but no indication of expected delivery. Is a real shame Suzuki don't really seem to care.

I agree. I have, with regret, given-up on buying a new Jimny because of the whole sorry business with Suzuki GB. I did write to them at one point - seeking a bit of clarity but got zero information and a lot of 'waffle' in return. To add insult to injury, they even got my name wrong (failure to copy from a typed letter). That just about summed it up for me.

On the other hand, my local dealer (Gordon Motors in Crieff) was excellent throughout. I feel sorry for at least some of the dealers.

Still enjoy checking into BigJimny from time to time and wish everyone well with their Jimnys.

Current plan is either to wait a couple of years for an ex-supermarket-shopping Jimny or, just possibly, to buy one of the proposed Grenadiers to be built in Wales - if they make it to market at a half reasonable price. On paper the Grenadier looks a better bet than the new Defender - to my eyes at least.

Of course, I could buy a Cybertruck…………….!

More
11 Dec 2019 18:19 #216404 by 300bhpton

LeesJimny wrote: The dealership told me due to emissions they can’t bring many in the country as it will effect their whole range of cars, something to do with an EU level or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I feel it’s an excuse rather than a reason. Yes the EU does have an average rating of a car makers emissions. But this is the same in the USA and isn’t exactly a new thing.

It’s not as if Aston Martin or Porsche stop selling cars in the UK for this reason either. Despite them being mostly high emission vehicles too. While the Jimny is rather clean and a lowish emissions band. I struggle to believe it would have any significant or minor impact on anything.

• Royal
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Dec 2019 07:59 - 13 Dec 2019 08:11 #216435 by Royal
Replied by Royal on topic New Jimny waiting list
Just wanted to add my experience around waiting lists.

i've been on a list at a dealer since September for an SZ4. i rang up recently to catch up and check if there was any news only to be told my order was being cancelled.

Suzuki apparently are cancelling all orders to the EU. That is what this particular dealer said. They also offered me their White SZ5 68 plate demo at an inflated price

i rang Suzuki UK and spoke to the help line whom knew nothing.

so i rang a different dealer close by to check the 'cancelled story' . The second dealer told me it is partially true but Suzuki might restart orders in 2021+ and then said they had two brand new SZ5's in their group stock (unregistered) however with a 'Suzuki pack' costing £1,800 extra.

so i'm totally confused. is this true? is this a underhand technique to pressure sales from people?
Last edit: 13 Dec 2019 08:11 by Royal.

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds