BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny SZ4/SZ5 in the UK Market

More
24 Dec 2018 20:07 #199412 by reedx

activeuk wrote: if they are on one of these 2 boats how long before we can get out hands on the cars?

My dealer told me it's normally a couple of weeks after they arrive in the country.

Colin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Dec 2018 22:25 #199415 by Themooingman
Was told mines at Grimsby a week ago. Hopefully in the dealer by year end

2019 Gen 4 Jimny SZ5 in Silky Silver. Parking sensors and Rear Camera, floor mats pack and Rigid tyre Cover

More
24 Dec 2018 22:54 #199416 by reedx

Themooingman wrote: Was told mines at Grimsby a week ago. Hopefully in the dealer by year end

Nice one. I've got my fingers crossed for you. It will be good to see some vehicles with UK customers at last.

Colin

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Dec 2018 23:36 #199418 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic New Jimny SZ4/SZ5 in the UK Market
If the boosterjet is anything like other modern small turbo petrol engines, there's no lag. It's a thing of the past.

I would suspect it's more to do with economics.
A n/a engine is far cheaper that a turboed one. And given the Jimny is still fairly expensive compared to size I'd suspect they've ruled out the boosterjet as pricetag would be too high.

More
25 Dec 2018 14:02 #199431 by JodieMarie22
Ordered mine on Sunday. Dealer said delivery wait was now a year but that he could guarantee a White SZ5 for 30th March. Spec was right and colour was my second choice so went for it. He also said it was the last order he could take for the time being. Pretty sure it’s not mine arriving today.

More
25 Dec 2018 15:22 #199432 by Gadget
I've had a deposit in since August and my dealer hasn't been able to confirm anything yet, dunno how others are getting confirmed cars.

More
25 Dec 2018 16:05 #199433 by Bill Portland
Me too. No news. Yet a dealer further away tells me hes been allocated, and sold, 3 cars.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

• activeuk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Dec 2018 16:07 #199434 by activeuk
Replied by activeuk on topic Re:New Jimny SZ4/SZ5 in the UK Market
was told i could have a white one and was on one of the ships that land this week end

More
25 Dec 2018 18:44 #199437 by Themooingman
Thanks. I was what appears ultra lucky to get one. Fingers crossed circa first weekend after new year

2019 Gen 4 Jimny SZ5 in Silky Silver. Parking sensors and Rear Camera, floor mats pack and Rigid tyre Cover

• Dorsetdumpling
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Dec 2018 09:22 #199486 by Dorsetdumpling
Replied by Dorsetdumpling on topic New Jimny SZ4/SZ5 in the UK Market
Hoegh Africa seems to be drifting aimlessly up and down the North Sea off South Shields at the mo’!

More
27 Dec 2018 09:53 #199488 by reedx

Dorsetdumpling wrote: Hoegh Africa seems to be drifting aimlessly up and down the North Sea off South Shields at the mo’!

It was supposed to arrive at Port of Tyne on Christmas day. I can only assume it is closed for the holidays?

Colin

• Dorsetdumpling
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Dec 2018 18:28 #199501 by Dorsetdumpling
Replied by Dorsetdumpling on topic New Jimny SZ4/SZ5 in the UK Market
Now due to dock at one minute past midnight tomorrow morning

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds