BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Buy a Jimny from UK cos the tat over here is over priced rubbish

More
01 Dec 2018 13:40 - 01 Dec 2018 17:42 #198474 by Dirtbird
Lads

Anyone ever deal with www.jimnysales.co.uk I'm really thinking of buying from UK ,,Ryan air over pick up and ferry home budget of £3000 2002 2003 year . All manual 70k mileage .

Any advice gratefully accepted .

J

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.
Last edit: 01 Dec 2018 17:42 by Lambert. Reason: Swearing. Please remember this is a family friendly forum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2018 16:00 #198482 by Max Headroom
My advice: I work in aviation; avoid flying Ryanair ;)

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

More
01 Dec 2018 17:14 #198483 by jackonlyjack
If you're going to buy from UK wait till next spring time the prices will be better
People ask more at this time of year just before the snow arrives ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirtbird

More
01 Dec 2018 19:23 #198497 by mlines
I believe they used to be Concorde Garage in Wrasbury who seem to have moved out to the Cotswolds. Their jimnys were always at the top end of the pricing which is probably because of their warranty on obligations as a commercial enterprise. However I do know they fit the best Kingpin and shim kits :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
02 Dec 2018 14:46 #198533 by Dirtbird
mlines thanks for the intel.

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

More
02 Dec 2018 18:04 - 02 Dec 2018 18:08 #198547 by Max Headroom
Probably THESE GUYS - theyre just up the road from me at Blockley, I discovered them completely by accident when I went to collect some Blockley tyres for my vintage car!

I did approach them when I was looking for a convertible Jimny but they weren't very helpful and gave all the convertibles a thorough slating - needless to say I went elsewhere. Then only 5 months later they're selling two! :angry:

JackonlyJack might be right about the autumn/winter prices being enhanced by the weather - its the same with convertible (sports) cars - they sell quicker in spring/summer at slightly enhanced prices.

Last edit: 02 Dec 2018 18:08 by Max Headroom.

More
02 Dec 2018 22:43 #198555 by Dirtbird
Max about an hour or two after posting my rant this came up www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/suzuki-jimny-low-miles/20480958 only niggle is the 4wd is a button and not a stick. Spoke with the owner and he went out and checked the boot and behind the headlights and said yes a bit of surface rust but not structural and no holes. He's about 300 miles away £2580 = €2900 think we might have a Vooky for crimbo / Christmas .

More
02 Dec 2018 23:12 - 03 Dec 2018 08:33 #198557 by Max Headroom
Its the same year as mine, and mine is a convertible and therefore far more prone to corrosion than a "conventional" bodied Jimny I would have thought. Nice colour though.
I too would prefer to have levers and not buttons for selecting 4wd but have had no problems other than the led light on the 4L switch has failed.

Check under the floor in the boot where the jack goes for corrosion, also its very difficult to get to see but I think try to get a look behind the headlights on a body mounting - take a mirror-on-a-stick and a torch to see around corners and difficult places.

It seems very low mileage for the year. The engine is probably the M13a cam-chain job like mine which is ok but the g'box is likely the R72 so make sure its not making any 'orrible noises.
You've probably already found it but check out the BigJimny Wiki and get clued-up on all that might relate to that vehicle.

Looks nice from the few small (exterior only) pictures but better to see it up close in the real world and on a bright day. You never know - the interior might smell rank from 3 year old spilled milk or something!

Very Good Luck Dirtbird

Last edit: 03 Dec 2018 08:33 by Max Headroom.

More
07 Dec 2018 22:12 #198757 by Dirtbird

More
07 Dec 2018 22:20 #198758 by j999pre
I've a nice 57 plate with 70k on for sale

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

More
07 Dec 2018 22:23 #198760 by Dirtbird

j999pre wrote: I've a nice 57 plate with 70k on for sale

Give us a look

More
07 Dec 2018 22:37 #198762 by j999pre
Here you go.

Winter tyres fitted, new clutch this week, new kingpin bearings both sides.

Oil and filter, air filter just done also.

Front brakes serviced.

Also gear oil and rear diff oil changed

Drives well, everything works including 4wd.

£3500

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds