BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

temperature gauge

• Malc.T
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jun 2015 19:12 #145364 by Malc.T
temperature gauge was created by Malc.T
Hi Guys,
I have a question for you,
I own a 03 plate jimny, the temperature gauge on the dash stays at mid way up the dial, it only zeros when l turn off the ignition. I guess its the coolant temperature sensor, l haven't a clue under the bonnet, so is it the sensor? and where can l find it on the engine?
Thanks
Malc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jun 2015 19:26 #145365 by gusthegorilla
Replied by gusthegorilla on topic temperature gauge
Hello, Malc....forgive me if I'm missing something here, but isn't the mid-position where a temp gauge should be under normal running conditions? I assume you do mean while the engine is running!)

Gus :)

I'm planning to live forever.....so far, so good !!

More
03 Jun 2015 22:06 #145380 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic temperature gauge
Sounds like it's working ok?! As long as it doesn't jump straight to the middle when you start the car from cold (it should take a couple of minutes to get 'up to temperature') then it's fine. As the sensor is electrical, it will always drop to zero when you switch off the power.

More
06 Jun 2015 19:27 - 06 Jun 2015 19:41 #145546 by Rhinoman
Replied by Rhinoman on topic temperature gauge
It sounds normal however an O3 model will be EOBD so you can buy a cheap scan tool to check the temperature that the ECU is seeing, the dash gauges vary considerably.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.
Last edit: 06 Jun 2015 19:41 by Rhinoman. Reason: corrected year

• teddy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Oct 2019 16:51 #214429 by teddy
Replied by teddy on topic temperature gauge
hi gus my temp guage goes to top after about 3 minutes of engine running .. im on 3rd temp sensor as thats what fault came up . but after replacing sensor 3 times it no different .. any suggestions please ?? . thermostat has also been replaced ,,, ted

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
07 Oct 2019 17:47 #214433 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic temperature gauge
Sounds like an air locking issue. They shouldn't be too difficult to bleed but they can occasionally give issues if the thermostat is not a genuine part or isn't seated properly and the right way up etc. It's also possible that a minor blockage can cause bleeding issues too.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds