×
BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)


BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did the postman bring today

  • DonegalGuy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Nov 2013 22:57 #92410 by DonegalGuy
Replied by DonegalGuy on topic What did the postman bring today
File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Like an EEJIT I ordered the wrong key blanks as I looked at the key the wrong way up but after an email to the supplier they are sending 2 new blanks out to me free of charge or postage costs. Now that's service!
The key blanks are spring loaded and flick out of the fob with the push of a button. I now await the actuator to fit to the drivers door before installing the kit. You even get to choose what logo you want on the fobs so no prizes for guessing what logo I chose :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Wiltec17
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Nov 2013 23:46 #92415 by Wiltec17
Replied by Wiltec17 on topic What did the postman bring today

DonegalGuy wrote:


File Attachment:

Like an EEJIT I ordered the wrong key blanks as I looked at the key the wrong way up but after an email to the supplier they are sending 2 new blanks out to me free of charge or postage costs. Now that's service!
The key blanks are spring loaded and flick out of the fob with the push of a button. I now await the actuator to fit to the drivers door before installing the kit. You even get to choose what logo you want on the fobs so no prizes for guessing what logo I chose :laugh:


Can I ask where you got this kit. I'd definatly be interested and I'm in the market for a set like this at the moment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Tommo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Nov 2013 00:03 #92418 by Tommo
Replied by Tommo on topic Re:What did the postman bring today

deedar wrote:

UKDAN wrote: Just had this sticker made up & delivered, just not sure if I'm brave enough to actually stick it on the Jim.




Dan



Were tbis sticker from pal


I want one as well ^^ !!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • DonegalGuy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Nov 2013 01:55 #92423 by DonegalGuy
Replied by DonegalGuy on topic What did the postman bring today

Wiltec17 wrote:

DonegalGuy wrote:


File Attachment:

Like an EEJIT I ordered the wrong key blanks as I looked at the key the wrong way up but after an email to the supplier they are sending 2 new blanks out to me free of charge or postage costs. Now that's service!
The key blanks are spring loaded and flick out of the fob with the push of a button. I now await the actuator to fit to the drivers door before installing the kit. You even get to choose what logo you want on the fobs so no prizes for guessing what logo I chose :laugh:


Can I ask where you got this kit. I'd definatly be interested and I'm in the market for a set like this at the moment.


Amazon.co.uk www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0052ZI38Y/r...00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Nov 2013 08:12 #92428 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic What did the postman bring today
Just received this from the UK :)




Just got me some more winching power B)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2013 09:19 #92435 by helijohn

DonegalGuy wrote: The key blanks are spring loaded and flick out of the fob with the push of a button. I now await the actuator to fit to the drivers door before installing the kit. You even get to choose what logo you want on the fobs so no prizes for guessing what logo I chose :laugh:


Is this a remote central locking kit where you keep the existing locks or are you going to have no locks at all??

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2013 09:54 #92440 by kirkynut

TomDK wrote: Just received this from the UK :)




Just got me some more winching power B)


I've often wondered what a full Jigglepin 8274 would be like on a Jimjam, you know, with the full 4 bowmotor 3's and gearsets on 24v.

It would make a winch challenge just that. You wouldn't need the engine to drive the car, just generate the elecetrickery to keep the batteries charged!

You certainly won't be stuck for long with those two motors to pull you out. What other bits have you done to the 8274 except the obligatory main shaft.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Nov 2013 12:31 #92454 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic What did the postman bring today

kirkynut wrote:

TomDK wrote: Just received this from the UK :)




Just got me some more winching power B)


I've often wondered what a full Jigglepin 8274 would be like on a Jimjam, you know, with the full 4 bowmotor 3's and gearsets on 24v.

It would make a winch challenge just that. You wouldn't need the engine to drive the car, just generate the elecetrickery to keep the batteries charged!

You certainly won't be stuck for long with those two motors to pull you out. What other bits have you done to the 8274 except the obligatory main shaft.

Kirkynut


That certainly would be something :)
This adaptor I've bought came with Bowmotor 1's. The adaptor is originally made for twin XP's, but Gigglepin have made up an (additional) adaptor ring, so it also fits Bowmotor 1 and 2. Sadly not Bowmotor 3, as the armature is much much larger.

My 8274 is pretty much standard. Only fitted a Warn XP motor. So not even an uprated mainshaft yet. But this is certainly a must-have with this twin-motor adaptor.

I'm still not sure what to do with the motors. Either sell the XP motor I have, and keep the bow1's. Or sell the Bow1's and buy another XP motor. Here in Denmark, bowmotors are not very popular, so will not get a lot of money for the bow1's. So perhaps i'll keep them.

But upgrades for the future are 24v to the motors. I'm planning on a DIY turbo-controller. Also a Delta-tek freespool and probably the hellfire gearset, for a faster winch :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • DonegalGuy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Nov 2013 17:12 #92473 by DonegalGuy
Replied by DonegalGuy on topic What did the postman bring today
Keeping existing locks just liked the idea of the key blanks so i can have key operation in the event of remote control failure and the remote and ign. key all 1 unit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • DonegalGuy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Nov 2013 17:16 #92474 by DonegalGuy
Replied by DonegalGuy on topic What did the postman bring today
File Attachment:

Looks like I'm ripping the front kingpin bearings out soon to fit these :) Courtesy of Jimnybits of course :cheer:
Should sort out the wee wobble on the steering and stop that gloopy mess leaking out of the seals on the swivel hubs which would give the NCT test guys something to fail my wee jimny for when it's tested in the coming months.
NCT= Irelands version of the MOT.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • DonegalGuy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Nov 2013 17:19 #93446 by DonegalGuy
Replied by DonegalGuy on topic What did the postman bring today
Don't want to go nuts/offensively loud as I live in a rural area, but I do want something better than the horn already fitted as it sounds much like a dry fart :laugh:
File Attachment:

Should sound a tad better!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Nov 2013 18:34 #93458 by Dave cc
Replied by Dave cc on topic What did the postman bring today

TomDK wrote: Just received this from the UK :)




Just got me some more winching power B)


What is it ?:unsure: a early giggle pin twin motor setup ???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

I hope you enjoy using this forum. Please consider making a donation towards the upkeep of this forum website.

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. Please let us know if you agree to all of these cookies. Accepting the Cookies also accepts the Disclaimers for the website.