BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did the postman bring today

More
17 Mar 2023 09:40 #248069 by gv42
Some proper oil

Jimny 2003, and 2013
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2023 15:31 - 17 Mar 2023 16:08 #248073 by Scimike
An upgrade for my G3 head unit.
Its an XTRONS TSL721A Android head unit as all my music and navigation is is my phone these days, so moving my G3 with the times.
Bye bye Sony, you have been good 
Hello XTRONS, a lot less hardware for your money.
FItted to Jimny original frame.

All in and linked to phone.

So far pleased with the head unit, the quality looks good, the supplied instructions are AWFUL!
Electrically it was (almost) plug n play, what took over 6 hours was fettling the fit to get it all to line up with the fascia. I may have need to connect the "brake" wire, but that's another story written by the lack of clear instructions.

At this point I would like to thank DrRobin for his assistance, all the purchase tips, and supply of reversing camera kit and generally making this transition a painless experience. A shining example of what make this forum great, people going that extra mile to help.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Mar 2023 16:08 by Scimike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
17 Mar 2023 17:14 #248074 by Lambert
Forgive my ignorance but what is the power output on these?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scimike

More
17 Mar 2023 17:21 #248075 by DrRobin
That looks good Mike.

Both of my Xtrons units are roughly full depth, your is so slim, I really like that, gives plenty of room behind for all the extras.

I also like the real knob and they look like real buttons, much better than the touch buttons I have on both of my head units.

Perhaps you can remind us of which head unit it is and how much, I might be tempted to upgrade mine as mine is starting to get really slow with the 3d sat nav running.

Lambert, I think the answer is enough to drive the Jimny's little speakers but not really enough to over-come the engine, wind and road noise. Certainly without the rear speakers connected I can hear it over-driving and distorting the front if it is turned up a bit, mind I use speed dependant volume so it only gets really loud when at around 60mph and then you can't hear the distortion.

Added to which I like [heavy] rock music so the guitar is constantly over-driven and/or distortion to start with.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

The following user(s) said Thank You: Scimike

More
17 Mar 2023 17:44 - 17 Mar 2023 17:55 #248076 by Scimike
Hi both, thanks.

4 X 48w output with RCA subwoofer output if required.
They are real buttons and volume/off on knob down one side. I thank you Robin for that suggestion.
Plenty of connections, and this is the manual connection diagram, I kid you not. No further information given on what each function is for, you sort of take an educated guess or Google it to death.

Its not that bad, most are unused.

Sound is clear but lacking base, but then thats my speakers (4x 4inch) rather than the unit. However, it's not quite as good (base wise) as my Sony, but it's good enough for me. If you need more it's under seat subwoofer time. I may consider this, but not at the moment.

£164 at the moment on eBay from a UK audio supplier, arrived in 3 days. Or £214 direct from XTRONS?!
Its description is TSF721A
"Android 12 Quad Core 2GB RAM + 32GB ROM 7" Car Stereo Multimedia Player with GPS Navigation Built-in DSP Built-in CarPlay/Android Auto for Universal Cars with Double DIN Factory Radios"
Comes with all connections and fitting metal work, but I still ended up using the Jimny original mount.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Mar 2023 17:55 by Scimike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

More
17 Mar 2023 18:02 #248077 by Scimike

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
17 Mar 2023 19:21 #248079 by Lambert
Ok so by my Sony's standard of 4x100 it's going to be quite gutless. Thanks for the info.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
20 Mar 2023 17:39 #248122 by Motleycrew
Custom logos arrived from America 
Attachments:

More
20 Mar 2023 17:55 #248123 by Motleycrew
Custom logos arrived from America 

More
20 Mar 2023 19:15 #248128 by GandHisJimny
Some OEM Suzuki wind deflectors for my 05 VVT

Jimmer II (2007 JLX+ auto in black & silver) : Android head unit, Black Raptor Steering Damper, Yokohama Geolandar G015s, rear cabin light, OEM wind deflectors
Attachments:

More
21 Mar 2023 09:11 #248139 by gv42
Knock on door, postman dropped off vented disc conversion, big thanks to Martin!

Jimny 2003, and 2013

More
30 Mar 2023 17:33 #248325 by Scimike
Under seat vibration unit to add a little boom to my Jimny speakers. Been thinking about it for some time, but the recent Android head change has pushed  me to do it (it has a woofer bark bark output) and I need to get behind again to wire up the reversing camera. 
Not enough for those wanting to wake the dead, but more than enough for my shot hearing and small enough to vanish under the seat.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds