BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did the postman bring today

More
10 Jun 2020 19:23 #223462 by Rabid Rhino
Australian roof rack. Will it fit European Jimnys ?

Looking for a nice clean and straight LHD Jimny..... Not any more.
Got one that seems to have been magnatized and driven through the "Big Jimny Bits" parts stores too quickly so it missed a few items.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2020 06:00 #223472 by RainerK
Austrian roof rack - actually made in China.

I got it from Horntools.com and it perfectly fits the FJ. All 8 bolts lined up perfectly. Took 10 min to install but I had 1 min help from my son placing the rack.

More
11 Jun 2020 12:18 #223485 by mlines
Final parts for the ARB locker installation....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
13 Jun 2020 13:11 #223558 by DrRobin
New spark plug Sir?

Nice, I think I will take four

Can I have the ones on the right please?

My Jimny is much happier with a new set of plugs, definitely more power. It has 57k miles and the plugs look original, so no wonder.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Attachments:

More
16 Jun 2020 05:17 #223622 by Rabid Rhino
More grip, improved traction and some increased protection. Ready to go offroad now.
Love that Jimny logo

Got one that seems to have been magnatized and driven through the "Big Jimny Bits" parts stores too quickly so it missed a few items.
Attachments:

More
17 Jun 2020 08:23 #223669 by Reason2doubt
Rhino, are these for a gen3 Jimny?

More
18 Jun 2020 13:41 #223704 by Rabid Rhino
Yes. From DH Gate.

More
18 Jun 2020 13:47 #223705 by Rabid Rhino
Useless posty, had to go & get it my self.
Only 350lb. What's the matter with you ?
It could fit through the cat flap if not the letterbox.

But what could be inside ?

Answers on a postcard.

Attachments:

More
24 Jun 2020 00:25 - 24 Jun 2020 00:41 #223923 by Rabid Rhino
In true David Belamy style I had a rummage around in all the packaging.....

Found a couple of slightly used Free Wheeling Hubs and a pair of tatty old hubs not worth phtographing

What I assume are a pair of Baleno calipers for the new set of Baleno pads in the box

But doesnt explain why such a long box.....

Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Jun 2020 00:41 by Rabid Rhino.

More
24 Jun 2020 00:54 - 24 Jun 2020 01:00 #223924 by Rabid Rhino
Now my inner Jacques Cousteau kicked in as I dove deeper into the depths of the crate.

Arise

Are stock Jimny CVs this odd shape ?

Explains why such a long box

And maybe some spare shafts ?

But they look different lengths to the front long shafts

Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Jun 2020 01:00 by Rabid Rhino.

More
24 Jun 2020 01:40 - 24 Jun 2020 03:40 #223925 by Rabid Rhino
By now it was starting to get dark and images of a 1989 film popped into my head.....
I thought best to back away, leave it a day or two for any century old, blood thirsty, giant fanged, blue haired Antarctic wolf monkeys to escape before going back to the crate.... Just in case.

I really should have started these last few posts with this pic.

Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Jun 2020 03:40 by Rabid Rhino. Reason: Insert photo

More
24 Jun 2020 11:29 - 24 Jun 2020 11:43 #223939 by Scimike
If you are oil brand driven look away now and remember that all oil irrespective of the badge come from the same hole in the ground.

Still with me, then read on.
I tend to change the oil at half the recommended service intervals, in my opinion clean oil is better than dirty. However since I stopped working for Halfrauds I no longer benefit from colleague discount, so the normal Castrol etc has started to get expensive. So I searched for an alternative and it arrived today, less than 24 hours after I ordered it. It's Mannol oil, a German automotive brand blended in Lithuania by SCT.de. It gets good reviews and meets the highest spec required by the G3 Suzuki jimny (fully synthetic API SL), although like most they do produce higher (SN, ACEA A5 and C1 to C5) for all those picky modern engines with stringent emission control systems.
It's a good price at £35.99 including delivery for 20ltr, so that's £7.20 a service (4ltr), £15 with OEM filter !

It will be another 4000 miles before I am due the next service and I will report back on if the engine sounds any different on cheap none brand oil. If it does not I will continue to use it, if it does my Land Rover can burnuse it :laugh:

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Jun 2020 11:43 by Scimike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reason2doubt

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds