BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

jimny clarion radio

• jonathan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Jun 2013 13:45 #73985 by jonathan
jimny clarion radio was created by jonathan
dose any one know if you can get a USB interface for the standard radio/cd, so i can play my music as i can not get cd's i made on the computer to play and i have my music on memory sticks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2013 13:56 - 16 Jun 2013 13:59 #73988 by gilburton
Replied by gilburton on topic jimny clarion radio
I just went down the FM mp3 player route using an SD card. It was only £6 and works well on the recommended channel. Never had any interference from Cornwall to Yorkshire!!
I think the only other option would be to change your radio which isn't too expensive these days?
You could fit a single din radio and a storage unit in the double din space?

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)
Last edit: 16 Jun 2013 13:59 by gilburton.

• jonathan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Jun 2013 14:08 #73989 by jonathan
Replied by jonathan on topic jimny clarion radio
i don't want to change the radio as the replacements dont fit nicely and if i have one from japan it will not have RDS ,i have seen some from china but don't know what they are like

More
16 Jun 2013 14:17 - 16 Jun 2013 14:23 #73991 by gilburton
Replied by gilburton on topic jimny clarion radio
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationThat's the trouble with the later Jimny. The rounded corners on the facia make it impossible to fit standard stereos without modification.
I did wonder if the VW double din stuff would fit as they have round corners as well??
You could fit this facia but expensive or buy another used one and trim it?

I take it you mean something like this? I believe there have been discussions about them before? Once again a bit expensive when you can buy a "standard" double din unit much cheaper!

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)
Last edit: 16 Jun 2013 14:23 by gilburton.

More
16 Jun 2013 17:53 #74017 by Halford
Replied by Halford on topic jimny clarion radio
Jonathan wrote:

can not get cd's i made on the computer to play

some one I know has tried one or two in my clarion double din unit :whistle:
and they work fine.
try changing your CD-R's and reducing your recording speed (allegedly) :blink: :

as long as you don't try and record Eddie Stobart trucking songs and Girls Aloud, you should be OK :pinch:

More
06 Jul 2019 07:53 - 06 Jul 2019 08:27 #210700 by Bosanek
Replied by Bosanek on topic jimny clarion radio
Does anyone know the output RMS power rating per channel of the factory Clarion radio in Jimnys 3?

I am preparing to install aftermarket speakers in my Jimny.
They are 2x Hertz DCX 100.3 (30 W RMS each) in the front and 2x Hertz DCX 130.3 (40 W RMS each) in the rear.

I don't expect the factory Clarion radio to be able to output more than 15 W per speaker / channel, if even that much (the original Sanyo front speakers were 10 W RMS each if I remember correctly).

So my idea is to obtain a 4 channel amplifier to connect between the Clarion radio and the Hertz speakers.
I am thinking whether the addition of an amplifier is justified to "level out" the power discrepancy between the radio's capability and speakers' requirements?

EDIT: My goal is not to achieve extraordinarily loud sound to entertain my wider surroundings. It's just to do the new speakers justice so that they perform optimally.

(I don't want to change the Clarion radio with an aftermarket radio because of the high risk of theft of aftermarket radios in my region.)

By the way, I am planning to obtain Alpine KTP-445U amplifier. Available only in 'merica, but international postage solves the distance. It's a 4x50 W amplifier and is very small, just like everything that goes in a Jimny has to be anyway ...
Last edit: 06 Jul 2019 08:27 by Bosanek. Reason: Added main goal for installing an amplifier

• Sergiu
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jul 2019 17:38 #210805 by Sergiu
Replied by Sergiu on topic jimny clarion radio
I've attached here a photo with the specifications from the owner's manual, maybe it will help you find what you need.
Attachments:

More
10 Jul 2019 11:41 #210832 by Bosanek
Replied by Bosanek on topic jimny clarion radio
Thank you very much for this picture.

Does it say for which exact Clarion model do those specifications / manual apply to?

• Sergiu
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jul 2019 13:52 #210838 by Sergiu
Replied by Sergiu on topic jimny clarion radio
The manual is for Clarion PS-2685

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds