BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

so what do guys want ?

• matki-will
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Nov 2014 12:04 #129002 by matki-will
Replied by matki-will on topic so what do guys want ?
Affordable steel front bumper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• steffan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Nov 2014 12:18 #129003 by steffan
Replied by steffan on topic so what do guys want ?

Rockwatt wrote:

steffan wrote: Wide angle prop shafts?

I modify Toyota surf rear props to fit ! And they are wider angle than you will ever need.

Can you PM me a price and time scale please

• vitara_mad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Nov 2014 18:55 #129049 by vitara_mad
Replied by vitara_mad on topic so what do guys want ?

Rockwatt wrote:

steffan wrote: Wide angle prop shafts?

I modify Toyota surf rear props to fit ! And they are wider angle than you will ever need.

problem is getting surf props I need 2 but cant find any apart from expensive ones & im on a budget as usual lol

• vitara_mad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Nov 2014 18:58 #129050 by vitara_mad
Replied by vitara_mad on topic so what do guys want ?

Rockwatt wrote:

vitara_mad wrote: affordable diesel conversion kit

What do you mean buy affordable? The reason the kits are expensive is the time consuming machining involved, if I could guarantee to sell say 50 kits and not have ££kkk sat on the shelf for years then maybe I could make some for less but there just not viable for me to make a few at mass produced prices.

And as you know me and how I work ! I make things to a quality not a price so if I did make some they may be expensive but you would know they would work properly don't you :-)

yes I know the quality would be good that's why I asked you a few months ago about the flywheels im still on the case trying to get at least 1 done for me

• funkyjimny
    Registered
  • 2004 jimny soft top, factory hardtop, ARB bumper
More
09 Nov 2014 21:10 #129065 by funkyjimny
Replied by funkyjimny on topic so what do guys want ?
I was going to agree with Dave Jones and say a bolt in rear hoop... But hey I got my order in for that ages ago and hopefully it'll be a good Christmas present to myself !

I agree on the rock sliders ... Tubular , short to allow for tyre clearance, and with high lift mounts front and rear, but everyone is different , I have no plastics and would want them close fitting to the sill for clearance, have to be a different fit for those that keep the plastics .

Gary

• Dan_T
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Nov 2014 19:11 - 11 Nov 2014 19:13 #129253 by Dan_T
Replied by Dan_T on topic so what do guys want ?
Twin alternator bracket
Hd shafts and cvs
Hd steering bars
Internal hoop and bracing
Last edit: 11 Nov 2014 19:13 by Dan_T.

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Dec 2014 21:32 #132351 by Dave cc
Replied by Dave cc on topic so what do guys want ?

Rockwatt wrote:

vitara_mad wrote: affordable diesel conversion kit

What do you mean buy affordable? The reason the kits are expensive is the time consuming machining involved, if I could guarantee to sell say 50 kits and not have ££kkk sat on the shelf for years then maybe I could make some for less but there just not viable for me to make a few at mass produced prices.

And as you know me and how I work ! I make things to a quality not a price so if I did make some they may be expensive but you would know they would work properly don't you :-)

And what engine would you use !!!!

• Rockwatt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Dec 2014 21:55 #132354 by Rockwatt
Replied by Rockwatt on topic so what do guys want ?

Dave cc wrote:
And what engine would you use !!!!

Not thought about it to be honest. Not a big fan of diesel engine's in a zook they are to heavy. Best 4 pot diesel I know of is the Vito cdi for torque and reliable power so if I was doing it for myself thats what I would use, did the xud and Isuzu thing in sj's years ago and hated them.

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Dec 2014 22:07 #132355 by Dave cc
Replied by Dave cc on topic so what do guys want ?
Think the problem with Modern diesels is getting over the issue with all the electronics xud in a suzuki Wasn't nice as you say maybe a nice Renault engine lol

• jimothy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Dec 2014 22:35 #132358 by jimothy
Replied by jimothy on topic so what do guys want ?
Makeover of the Jimny tapered bearing setup for kingpins. Why oh why has someone not done away with the shit bearings that always fail.and fitted some type of bronze bush that can be greased.

• Rockwatt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Dec 2014 22:44 #132360 by Rockwatt

Dave cc wrote: Think the problem with Modern diesels is getting over the issue with all the electronics xud in a suzuki Wasn't nice as you say maybe a nice Renault engine lol

All the Renault's I can think of use the xud. Modern diesel ecu's have a fixed map, there not self teaching like a petrol with a lamda, so on a Jimny where there is little in the way of extras that use the ecu it would be fairly simple swap of ecu and cheat the key chip for the new one (tape the key to the transponder lol)

But like I said it's not somthing I'm interested in putting my time into. Saying that I could just buy a Jimny with a Diesel engine in it and just reverse engineer it couldn't I, that way I could save a fortune on r&d pmsl

Anyway this thread isn't "diesel conversion" start a new thread if your looking to discuss that topic please.

• Rockwatt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Dec 2014 22:52 #132361 by Rockwatt

jimothy wrote: Makeover of the Jimny tapered bearing setup for kingpins. Why oh why has someone not done away with the shit bearings that always fail.and fitted some type of bronze bush that can be greased.

A tapper bearing can be preloaded in 2 simultaneous directions to remove any play but bush setup can't without locking up, it would be viable if the top and bottom kingpins were further apart reducing the effect of play.

Kingpin bearing fail purely from lack of maintenance, if there stripped,cleaned,and re greased instead of being left full of mud and water they last a good long time. Same goes for wheel bearings ! Don't wait till the wheel drops off pmsl

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds