BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Will it fall over?

More
14 Mar 2012 17:48 #35525 by Johnniehec
Hi,
I need to replace all my radius arm bushes (axle end only ) for the dreaded MOT! I've loosened all the bolts, none are rusted in.
I can get them pressed out and new ones in at an engineering workshop but have to get them there. The question is can I take all four radius arms off at the same time (put them in the boot of C4 and take them to get done) or will the poor Jim fall over without them??
I had planned to just chock all the wheels front and back and whiech all four off, get them done and put them all back on again, I could ratchet strap both axles but would that be enough? I could do two at a time but I'd have to make two trips to the workshop.
John.

On the 8th Day God made the LandRover -
On the 9th day he swapped it for a Jimny.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2012 18:07 #35526 by andyw
Replied by andyw on topic Re: Will it fall over?
:ohmy: , lol, Think you might be best to get the chassis on axle stands, chock all the wheels from both sides, then take arms off go get them doneB)

Andy

More
19 Mar 2012 18:10 #35935 by Johnniehec
Replied by Johnniehec on topic Re: Will it fall over?
Well it didn't, but I did have four axle stands, two rachet straps and eight wheel chocks!

Attachment IMG_12051.JPG not found

Attachment IMG_12071.JPG not found

Changing the bushes was a piece of p**s with the 100 ton press and the correct die (bit of an old bearing about 2mm smaller diameter than the bush) though I only used about 10.

Before,

Attachment IMG_12011.JPG not found

After

Attachment IMG_12101.JPG not found

Attachment IMG_12091.JPG not found

Chassis end was fine so I just left them.

Passed the MOT on Friday, legal for another year :cheer: :laugh:

Won my class at the trial Yesterday, Happy days!
John.

On the 8th Day God made the LandRover -
On the 9th day he swapped it for a Jimny.
Attachments:

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Mar 2012 20:49 #35990 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: Will it fall over?
well done John B)

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds