BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Trip round the Derbyshire peaks.

• gazert
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Mar 2010 18:10 - 15 Mar 2010 18:27 #2708 by gazert
Trip round the Derbyshire peaks. was created by gazert
Here are some pictures of our trip round the peak district.
2 Jimny's = Loads of fun.
Monsal Dale
2 Jimnys at the top.
Adam's Jimny
Bit of a slope
A great view at the top.
Jimny articulation with +2" lift and shock shackles
The lanes were a bit technical upto this plateau but simple from here on in. I have done all this on STD tyres.
Adams missed turn. LOL
We had a great days laning, we started off around Leek/Buxton but were thwarted on a couple of lanes that were still full of 2-3 foot of snow!!
We made our way though longnor over to Belper with a trip round the woods at Ambergate. We then headed up to Monsal Head and to the two sections of lanes that were my first experience before I started modding the Jimny.
These two sections are steep with loose rock on the lower 200 yrds and rutted deep limestone pavement on the upper section.
With the KL71's, +2" lift and wheel spacers the Jimny is much better off road.
The views at the top of the trails are spectacular.
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Mar 2010 18:27 by gazert.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2010 18:32 #2709 by Baz2236
That Looks like you had have you done stanage or chapgate in your jimny I am hoping to get up there this year to do a few lanes.

• gazert
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Mar 2010 18:52 #2710 by gazert
Replied by gazert on topic Re:Trip round the Derbyshire peaks.
Not yet, Stanage and Chapel gate are next on the menu.
I have tried a trail in Hollinsclough and got to within 50 yrds of the top and there were 9 or 10 rock steps ahead the smallest of which was 2' tall. The rocks were wet as well.
I have read a review on this trail in a mag after i tried it and it says "only attempt in the dry in a heavily modded vehicle and with a spotter."
Maybe with hindsight i should have read the mag first!
Reversing the 1/2 mile was interesting.
I should be a bit more adventurous when i have the winch fitted.

• funkyjimny
    Registered
  • 2004 jimny soft top, factory hardtop, ARB bumper
More
16 Mar 2010 05:13 #2712 by funkyjimny
Looks like you had a great day, very scenic. Hollinsclough is indeed for modded cars only, some big steps there. As for chapel gate I'd avoid that one unless you dont mind some body damage, i bent my A pillar last time i was there and smashed the windscreen, modded vitara with us with twin LSD's and steel diff still broke a CV, another jimny had a bump on the side. I sheared all the bolts off a free wheeling hub so 2wd only from there on. We go laning with 3 jimny and one Vitara, jimnys have lobster boxes and rear lockers, vit has twin LSD's and is having a crawler box fitted next week - its Dave jones from Bits 4 Vits.
Heres some pics of our last trip there in the snow.
www.k9rdj.co.uk/laning201209.html

Gary

• funkyjimny
    Registered
More
16 Mar 2010 05:21 #2713 by funkyjimny
Looks like you had a great day, very scenic. Hollinsclough is indeed for modded cars only, some big steps there. As for chapel gate I'd avoid that one unless you dont mind some body damage, i bent my A pillar last time i was there and smashed the windscreen, modded vitara with us with twin LSD's and steel diff still broke a CV, another jimny had a bump on the side. I sheared all the bolts off a free wheeling hub so 2wd only from there on. We go laning with 3 jimny and one Vitara, jimnys have lobster boxes and rear lockers, vit has twin LSD's and is having a crawler box fitted next week - its Dave jones from Bits 4 Vits.
Heres some pics of our last trip there in the snow.
www.k9rdj.co.uk/laning201209.html

Gary

• gazert
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Mar 2010 06:25 #2714 by gazert
Cheers Gary, I saw your the pics from your snowy excursion. That looked a fantastic day!
Cheers for the warning about Chapel gate.
Next time you plan a trip to the peaks if you don't mind a couple of straglers we would love to join up with other Suzie Q lovers.

• funkyjimny
    Registered
More
16 Mar 2010 18:45 #2716 by funkyjimny
Hiya, normally lane with 3 others all with lockers and crawler boxes, if i dont go with them sometime I'll let you know and we could do something a bit tamer in the peaks.

Gary

More
17 Mar 2010 07:52 #2717 by maverick
The other problem is that there is a 'voluntary-code' for 4x4ing that says there should be NORE MORE than 5 trucks in a convoy, and right now we have 4.

As Gary says we are three Jimny's and a Vitara each with lift, big wheels/tyres, front winch, and a Locker in rear axle ... and where we go is TOUGH and often we get 'damage' !!!

Jalapeño, IISY?

• gazert
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Mar 2010 10:52 #2720 by gazert
No worries.
We have goog giggle anyway.

• funkyjimny
    Registered
More
17 Mar 2010 10:56 #2721 by funkyjimny
I'll get you some video of us going up and down hollinsclough next time we go !

Gary

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds