BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Show us your DIY mods

• Sandez
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Jun 2011 12:57 #17372 by Sandez
Show us your DIY mods was created by Sandez
I thought I would start a topic for everyone to show off your DIY mods you have done and to have them all in a single topic so that it can be easily browsed by anyone.

The point of the topic is to give others inspiration on modifications they could do to their Jimny and hopefully also give them a guide on how to do the mod as well. This is not for DIY installations of off the shelf mods such as lift kits, cb radio etc. but if you made it yourself then it's fine.

Keep it one modification per post.

I would like for people not to make general comments/thank yous about mods people do so the topic doesnt get overly cluttered. To help prevent this I would like people who contribute to provide as much detail on the modification and its install as possible, so that if someone wants to do the same mod they already have the details rather than having to ask. Ideally, try to include the following:
  1. Title (Winch Bar, Rear interior light)
  2. Parts (What materials etc. were used)
  3. Cost (Per part preferrably, or total)
  4. Links (Links to materials or parts if possible)
  5. Pictures (Finished install first, followed by installation/preparation pics if available)

So, lets see what you have done

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sandez
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Jun 2011 13:07 #17373 by Sandez
Replied by Sandez on topic Re: Show us your DIY mods
iPhone Holder

Parts:
TomTom iPhone 3GS Cradle

Cost:
$130 AUD (Already had mine, broken, hence the mod)

Finished install (cable now goes behind the iPhone through the air vents)

Attachment 3.jpg not found

Without iPhone

Attachment 1.jpg not found

Attached with a small screw behind

Attachment 2.jpg not found

This allows me to run any iPhone app, TomTom, MudMaps etc without it blocking my view and it wont fall off or move while 4wd'ing. The install can also be reversed and the hole for the screw would be hidden by the vent when replaced.
Attachments:

More
05 Jun 2011 13:55 #17375 by Garry
Replied by Garry on topic Re: Show us your DIY mods
Jimny trayback - lots of cutting and welding, 7 metres of 40mm x 40mm box section, 10mm thick steel plate for winch mount, 1.6mm plate for tail light brackets, 2mm plate to seal of the back of the cab, 5mm perspex window, custom wiring loom and probly lots more ive forgot about

winch bumper - 6mm plate for the winch mount, 50mm box section to mount to chassi, 3.2mm walled tube to make bumper, super strong anf jackable from anywhere

snorkel - 53mm drainpipe from B&Q with a 45 degree bend and a 90 degree bend, silicone sealant to seal the airbox and a big ass hole drilled through the wing to connect it

rock sliders - 50mm box section welded to the chassi legs, 50mm lenght of box welded to that, with 40mm box onto that to act as tree sliders

tail lights moved to higer units - some messing with wires

roof storage - old roof rack bolted to roof rails

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds