BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

B&Q Sale - Trolley Jack and axles stands

More
27 Feb 2011 16:02 #12264 by mcjimny
www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?isSearch=...search=0000005307142

Already reserved to collect mine tomorrow, doesn't matter if it gives up after a year of abuse for that price.
The forum i saw it posted on, someone said that they have the jack and its still going strong after a few years!.
My current jack is a 20+years old Halfords jobby that i acquired from my brother, thats had no maintenence and still keeps going, just creeps down if left up for a while. I've been looking about for a 2nd one as some jobs would be easier with 2 and ideally i'd get a 4x4 one but at that price i'm not passing it up.

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• robp
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Feb 2011 16:49 #12270 by robp
Jusy reserved mine for tomorrow. Worth it for the axle stands and chocks.

• mdk1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Mar 2011 08:27 #12383 by mdk1
Reserved mine aswell,
Not that i will use it much, just handy to have.

More
02 Mar 2011 09:06 #12391 by jimjim4x4
Just reserved mine as well. Cheap enough to leave in jack in motor n not worry. Thanks for the info. Phil.

More
02 Mar 2011 10:11 #12394 by andyw
What you need now is a piece of 18mm ply a bit bigger than the jack to sit it on if you need to use it on grass or soft ground, screw / nail / nut and bolt a piece of wood to each end for safety so it dont roll off, they tend to creep as going up on the wheels.

Andy

More
02 Mar 2011 15:05 #12403 by mcjimny
I've got a nice big piece of marine ply i use mine on as my drive is gravel( i miss the big garage at my old house :( ), i always carry a bit in my car for the jack in the car.

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!

More
03 Mar 2011 14:50 #12476 by maverick
i looked at these 'in store' ...

I wouldn't trust either the trolley jack or the axle stands for my Jimny - well not if I'm underneath it ...

Jalapeño, IISY?

• oxford_bloke
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Mar 2011 18:13 #12485 by oxford_bloke
Replied by oxford_bloke on topic Re: B&Q Sale - Trolley Jack and axles stands
check out this link, for a halfords jack

www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servl...-1_categoryId_165727

i have used one for over a year now and it's fantastic a little more than the b+q one, it also has the quick lift thing which means one pump and the weight is taken up on the jack

More
03 Mar 2011 18:32 #12486 by jimjim4x4
Hi. Picked up the Jack,etc today. As well as JimJim3 I have a Range Rover Classic converted into a pickup truck. It weighs 1.75 imperial tons with a big diesel engine up front. The jack lifted each front corner with no problems and was as stable as a trolley jack can be !

• lordnev
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Mar 2011 20:50 #12509 by lordnev
Replied by lordnev on topic Re: B&Q Sale - Trolley Jack and axles stands
cool, cheers mate, just ordered mine:)

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds