× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

'22 Jimny Comfort Edition: How to get the front seats down flat? (No back seats)

More
03 Jun 2024 08:15 #256163 by TheJimnyJo
Hey everyone,
 I have a 2022 JImny Comfort /"Light" edition (2 seater), however I cannot get the front seats down flat due to the cargo base plate (which replaced the rear seats in this model) extending out too far. Looking to put a single mattress in for car camping as many have easily done in the 4 seater version.
You can see this issue clearly in Life with Smokey's Youtube video " How to Sleep in a New Suzuki JImny " (1:11)

I'm interested to see how others have been able to lay the front seats flat without having to saw off that stock piece. For example, have you found aftermarket replacement parts to shorten the base?Thanks folks,Jo
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jun 2024 10:12 #256164 by mlines
I assume this is effectively the same as the LCV version sold in the EU

Here is my video on the subject (but no answers for you really)

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
03 Jun 2024 16:27 #256168 by DrRobin
In my 2020 4 seater, the front seats don’t go perfectly flat, however, the back of the seat does sit at about the same height as the back seats when folded down. The folded down back seats would about 150 to 180mm to the height above the base and I suspect this is what you have without the rear seats fitted?

I suspect the only answer is to build a false floor for the rear such that the height of the raised floor mimics the folded down rear seats.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds