BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Engine options for my soft top

• metalpancake
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Nov 2018 08:04 #197674 by metalpancake
Engine options for my soft top was created by metalpancake
Hi all.

I've got a 2001 jimny soft top auto (g13bb) in need of a motor, or at least a head. Here's the story.

A couple of years ago I was driving my jimny in traffic, and lo and behold, blew a head gasket.
The vehicle ended up at my parent's place, where my dad had a crack at pulling the head to see what gave, as I live elsewhere.

I had only owned the vehicle for a couple of weeks and got it cheap, so the engine was likely a bit sad anyway.

Fast forward to my dad pulling the head, and out of nowhere the camshaft breaks. Great. No idea how, but it happened.

What I'm left with is a jimny with a functional g13 bottom end, a questionable head, and no camshaft. What are my options, to get her going again?

My main idea is a g16b swap, but I'm also wondering whether a g16b head would work on the block I've got. (g13bb heads and full engines seem to be hard to get here in aus) I also have a m13a non vvt parts car, but I've been told that swap is very difficult. What do you guys think? What are my best options to hit the trails again?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2018 13:48 #197680 by j999pre
Any head you bought would be wise to have skimmed and the valve guides and seals checked etc.

I have a g16b head for sale. I'd recommend the above.

As for conversions I've done a few g16b swaps with good results.

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds