BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

2nd jimny build

• Muddyzook94
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Mar 2016 17:25 - 08 Mar 2016 17:30 #163505 by Muddyzook94
Replied by Muddyzook94 on topic 2nd jimny build
Havent been doing much lately with the Jimny as I was on holiday and when I came back jus didn't have the motivation, but then I was seeing my mates every weekend off roading so pulled my finger out and went for it haha. Got the wing cut for the snorkel to go on,much better job than the last time I done it haha.

Then when I had the wings off I seen that it was all clean and not much rust so I got rid of the rust I could see and then jus sprayed it all to protect it a wee Bit :) better to Catch it now that later.

Was told when the jeep was in for its mot that the brake pads are worn down.

They weren't wrong hahah (excuse the hands, I am a painter, and yes I do get more paint on the walls) so when I was doing the brake pads I was taking out the standard springs and shocks and taking of the brake lines and putting in the extended ones.

so far I've had to cut both the front shocks off as the bolts were to rusty to get them off so ordered new bolts today. Got the shocks, springs and brake lines on the front so jus got the rear left to do B) hoping to have it done by this weekend so I can go off roading n get the mud flying :evil:
Last edit: 08 Mar 2016 17:30 by Muddyzook94.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Mar 2016 18:27 #163509 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic 2nd jimny build
Coming along nicely ;)

• Muddyzook94
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Mar 2016 19:44 #163556 by Muddyzook94
It's has its draw backs though :( , have to cut the rear shocks off now and need to get a new brake line for the rear as the metal pipe snapped off, the joys of owning a Jimny haha

• Muddyzook94
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Mar 2016 18:11 #163701 by Muddyzook94
So after realising there was more than 1 brake pipe leaking I had to get ones made which my dad done, so got them put on and jus waiting to bleed then.

Got round to doing the breather pipes aswell for both diffs, transfer box and gearbox. I've had all the connectors and pipes for ages was meant for my old jeep but never got round to doing it.

Put the steering damper on aswell, and now I'm jus waiting for some 31" muds to fill the empty boots B)

Attachments:

• Muddyzook94
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Apr 2016 09:17 - 06 Apr 2016 09:32 #164951 by Muddyzook94
Have had the 31" malatesta kobras on the Jimny now for nearly a month now B) What a difference with grip between them and my old ones, it's like night and day.

But since I put on the 31's the gearing was awful for off roading, jus had to do everything at speed near enough, had a rocklobster for a while so phoned my mate to gis a hand on bending the stick the right way and to change the ujs on the sj front prop to fit into the rear diff and the front Jimny prop with the sj uj to fit into the rocklobster, and of course got the cradle of bits4vits made by Redacted :)

I actually got the rocklobster of a boy that was on here, he was called gaz, seen his jeep up for sale on gumtree bout a week ago.

Been out playing in the jeep a few Times now, completely different jeep with the 31's and rocklobster box In :)

I'm sure if a few of yous are on Facebook on the Jimny buy,swap,sell page you will reckonise this Jimny :laugh: it's a beast aswell as the sj, that thing is a hog.
Last edit: 06 Apr 2016 09:32 by Muddyzook94.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds