BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Tray back project begins....

More
30 Jan 2014 17:47 #102623 by j999pre
Going to be good, plenty of pics please

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2014 17:52 #102624 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic Tray back project begins....
This could be really interesting :)

What plans do you have for winch, axles, suspension, engine/transmission etc. ? :)

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2014 17:59 #102625 by Dave cc
Replied by Dave cc on topic Tray back project begins....
Jesus now that was rusty in the arse end :( good luck with the chop some time ago on here was told that you do need to cut rear door frame in half and add i think 20mm to make it marry up closer to the front body section will be watching this closely

• craigy123
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2014 18:00 #102626 by craigy123
Replied by craigy123 on topic Tray back project begins....
I've got a 3" suspension lift with Es3000 shocks that I picked up second hand, also got some 3" corrected radius arms on the way to me along with 32mm spacers, longer braided brake lines and I'll also be dong a body lift.

Not decided on a winch as yet, that will be decided when I have funds for a reasonable one.

Leaving the engine as is just now until I've got some spare cash to do a swap, fancy a 1.7td engine though.

I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a lobster box full set up coming up for sale, seem like hens teeth though.

As for axles, I've not really thought about that yet. Anyone got any advice on this?

• craigy123
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2014 18:03 #102627 by craigy123

Dave cc wrote: Jesus now that was rusty in the arse end :( good luck with the chop some time ago on here was told that you do need to cut rear door frame in half and add i think 20mm to make it marry up closer to the front body section will be watching this closely

Thanks Dave. Yeah she had a proper tea bag arse on her! I only had to grind a few areas, the rest basically fell out or with a little persuasion from a chisel and hammer.

Thankfully my friend who is helping me is switched on with the fabrication side if things, I'm basically just the labourer and stripper! I'll give some welding a shot though, best way to learn.

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2014 18:04 #102628 by Dave cc
Yota 70s are a option some had a optional LSD or G wagon as come with lockers standard depends what you want to use it for and how much work you want to do to get them under the truck

More
30 Jan 2014 18:05 #102629 by j999pre
"Stripper" Got any videos? ;)

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS
The following user(s) said Thank You: idiotmobil

• craigy123
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2014 18:08 #102630 by craigy123

j999pre wrote: "Stripper" Got any videos? ;)

I'll PM you some, don't want the other lads seeing the goods.....

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2014 18:08 #102631 by Dave cc

j999pre wrote: "Stripper" Got any videos? ;)

And its not even after the water shed yet lol

• craigy123
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2014 18:11 #102633 by craigy123

Dave cc wrote: Yota 70s are a option some had a optional LSD or G wagon as come with lockers standard depends what you want to use it for and how much work you want to do to get them under the truck

It's basically just to be used at my local off road centre and maybe do some traveling to other pay n play sites. Nothing to extreme like winch challenges etc.

Would the standard axles suit with some lockers in them?

I'm fairly new to modding Jimnys having just sold my 350+bhp mk5 edition30 golf, so it's a bit of a jump across.

Any advice will be greatly accepted and taken on board.

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2014 18:17 #102640 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic Tray back project begins....

craigy123 wrote: I've got a 3" suspension lift with Es3000 shocks that I picked up second hand, also got some 3" corrected radius arms on the way to me along with 32mm spacers, longer braided brake lines and I'll also be dong a body lift.

Not decided on a winch as yet, that will be decided when I have funds for a reasonable one.

Leaving the engine as is just now until I've got some spare cash to do a swap, fancy a 1.7td engine though.

I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a lobster box full set up coming up for sale, seem like hens teeth though.

As for axles, I've not really thought about that yet. Anyone got any advice on this?

If you plan on doing competitions with this build, you really should consider some better shocks. ES3000 are very popular, but not at all suited for comp use. They are pretty similar to the Rough Country N2.0 shocks that I have. But I'm in great need of better shocks, just need the money. Have found som Bilstein ones that I think might suit my needs :)

These cheap shocks, as I call them (they are cheap :P), are not suited to hardcore offroading or a comp equipped with heavy winches, cage, heavy diesel conversion?

More
30 Jan 2014 18:21 #102641 by idiotmobil
cv joints on the jimmy are going to be useless ive just done in two at same time and it gets worse the bigger tyres you go theres options for HD cv and shafts you looking at around 500 for the front axle upgraded then if you do lockers that would end up being 1500ish for both and for 2000 surely you could stick some better one in with lockers iver original fit or some that some ones fitted that's what im going to look in to as with the jimny axles your just polishing a turd really lol

JIMNYLESS

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds