BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

Alright, who let grandad sell Jimnys on ebay?

More
27 Dec 2023 23:42 - 27 Dec 2023 23:52 #253116 by Tango91
Jesus wept.   

First ad text reads:

As pretty as a Picture and yet much less money than the Mona Lisa would cost, plus the Mona Lisa isnt going to get you out of a snowdrift where as this perfectly practical Jeep will, you can see yourself in summer with the Hood off cruising to the beach baby beach baby for the principle sum of just £2495, its really one not to miss, when the sugar-coated Xmas has been and gone there will be the usual winter weather to contend with and what better way to brighten up your day to day travelling then buying this eyeful to blast along the roads dispensing of all manners of cruel weathers thrown at you, one giant stride into fun and safety for the absolutely silly low price of £2495. No Offers, No Cards taken, No warranties, No comebacks, No Karens or Archibalds, No No No, my terms & conditions are preety simple, over 40s (up 5 years from last year) straight talking proper sensible slightly mechanically knowledgeable chaps who aint going to throw a wobble when the jeep needs maintenance some time in the future. ** Its Bloody Tragic that nowadays you have to spell out to people that cars that are approaching 20 years old are not the same as brand new ones BUT to todays youth brought up on the Amazon cultures of being able to order 5 dresses in different sizes, send 4 back and then use the remaining one to go out in getting pissed and vomiting all over it & then sending that one back has had a marked effect on what peoples expectations are, somehow its our fault when a car develops a problem and we have purposely sold it with the knowledge that this was the case, WHAT?? How the hell do we know that then? A new jeep from the manufacturer will probably get a 3 years warranty diminishing yearly as to what is claimable for from year 1 BUT YET we are responsible for anything that goes wrong with a jeep almost 20 yrs old, its total nonsense to shroud people from responsibility in what they buy out of ignorance, its simple really if you dont have a clue what your buying, BUY NEW and leave our cars alone, luckily after 54 years in the car trade I can easily tell the serious guys amongst the utter idiots and treat them with the same shit they deserve, at least nobody can force me who to sell to and if at anytime I sense a trading standards recital after telling customers there is no warranty whatsoever, Goodbye I dont want to sell the jeep to you ** New TowBar fitted and ready to be used by the new owner dashing along at 29MPH to the local dump pulling his/hers little trailer full of broken plant pots ** Pop along to see it in the countrys most inland port at Goole East Riding of Yorkshire DN14 5AS a mere 5 mins from junction 36 M62 01405 800931 or 01405 800911, get the Jeep delivered anywhere Nationwide at very Competitive Value prices BUT please be aware we require all payments being made in full by BACS before we deliver. Part Exchanges with any car or 4wd, van or sports Jobs in any condition like:- Mot drastically failed, bodywork embarrassing, unroadworthy or mechanical explosions in the engine, gearbox or clutches areas, electrical wizardry fried etc, Callers welcomed daily so bring your mechanical geniuses to offer their advice, inspections and road test encouraged, marvellous machine that makes sense and will thrill the new owner for many months of ownership ** The roof has recently been replaced by new at £675 including labour, the New TowBar cost £375, theres a long Mot until 30 August 24 the car has covered 60000 miles only so all in all the little fine companion will be a breath of fresh air to any potential buyer **

Second ad text reads:

Wow this is pure Gold Dust for the Suzuki Jimny Fanciers, you see these at silly money like £3995 if they are anything near as nice & clean as this one is. taken in part exchange at a main dealers down there in Somerset, Our 2 Daves and Nigel took their packed lunches and arrived to pick 2 cars up from down there during the week with Nigel driving the Jeep back, I didn't really envy Nigel driving all that way in a Suzuki Jimny on the motorways and main drags But he was more the complimentary on arriving back by saying she drove at 60 MPH steady away all day, Good Grief I replied 55 would have been my ultimate speed as I have driven these on the islands of Phuket, Hawaii and Bali Plus the hundreds of times I've dealt in them over the 54 years of dealing cars, this one is superb to look at with the shine and shimmer that makes you proud to own, the Soft Top is like new, the Alloys are just stunning, the colour scheme and the contrasting interior cuts through the normal sad looking things and actually makes you feel better just by looking at it ** Mot August 30th 2024 ** 4 services in the service book ** Comes with a spare key ** As it is a Jeep of 19 years age its not the normal secondhand car you buy and expect it to be free from any faults, outside of the normality as Its a Toy that someone buys to keep like a pet so do not expect any warranty because none is offered, by all means come down to Goole Town centre and check the Jeep out for as long as you want to, I'm more than happy for you to bring along your mates, mechanics, dad or mum, lover or mistress to give their valued opinion ** So Much fun for £2495, all Documentation is here with Me ready to transfer to the new Owner ** A car to be proud of and the way to being your next New Hobby, ideal the seaside dwellers who has the beach and sea within easy reach, one can exit home early to drive to the cliff edges take the soft top off and dream of pure tranquility ** Best £2495's worth EVER ** C.A.S.H Only although would take a bit of a wreck 4WD or sports job in part exchange to help you along to get into this beauty ** OAP Motoring Solutions Goole DN14 5AS East Yorkshire only 5 mins junction 36 M62, Run by a 70 year old, assisted by a 81 and 79 years old, our youngest member volunteer is a baby at 66 years old 01405 800931 or 01405 800911 ** Stop procrastinating, I urge you into robbing your savings of a few quid to buy this and to revel in your investment as immediately it will go into use as a snow and ice beater, mud and floods wont stop you as the Jeep has high/low transfer box ** Deliveries anywhere nationwide so get a quote from the pair of Daves Some say they were Born in the Middle Ages and became Highwaymen of the roads delivering recently acquired ponies and horses from dubious sources, sentenced to the gallows for their horse rustling activities the lucky bastards were freed when Robin Hood decided to attack Richard and in the ensuing melee the Daves escaped and kept a low profile for hundreds of years, they were re-ignited when I found them loitering around my pitch asking if I would be interested in using them for Car deliveries so here we are 50 odd years later still doing that, ALL Payments MUST BE made by either C.A.S.H or Bank transfer before we start the delivery So if you want to come to our place and see the car, pay for it and have it delivered you'll know the car exists and we are not scammers like the majority of marketplace sellers are ** The customers for one of these are one of my worst fears unfortunately, they are the guys and gals that look at the pictures see how lovely it looks and then dreams of their tender dear children hooking their horsey trailer onto the New tow Bar thats fitted on the Jeep to take their little pony down to the gymkhana to battle for a bloody rosette, the parents of these dear kids are not very Savvy when it comes to buying a 19 Year old Jeep & would probably need emergency help if something was to be delivered to their house and not be 100% perfect SO I will just remind these people of my STRICT Terms of Sales conditions, they are deemed to put off buyers who are too posh & don't clearly understand that it is sold as it is..1) C.A.S.H Only unless you are known to us Then bank transfers may be considered 2) No No No Warranties, No Comebacks, No Money bank, No Returns.3) No deposits taken as they are a delaying tactic from buyers who extend their purchase dates by pissing everyone around, only deposit I will take is The FULL Money and NO REFUNDS if they Cock-Off, That'll stop the tits asking to put a £300 lump down and then play us like a fiddle. All these terms are mentioned due to the ongoing ways we have to comply. Goole East Yorkshire DN14 5AS 01405 800931 or 01405 800911 Dead centre of town only 5 mins junction 36 M62 or arrive at the train station and walk the 2 mins to our Tiny Teeny Weeny Forecourt of Treasure within the largest Free Carpark in Goole. Notice NO OFFERS. Last Price is £2495

Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Dec 2023 23:52 by Tango91. Reason: Pictures too small to read

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2023 12:09 #253121 by Soeley
Blimey, if I was looking for a car and saw that add, I think I'd ship past it, lol

More
28 Dec 2023 17:09 #253129 by Phaeton
Also totally illegal, they are clearly motor traders & cannot sell without warranty, there is a statutory 6 months 

More
28 Dec 2023 21:54 #253136 by DrRobin

Also totally illegal, they are clearly motor traders & cannot sell without warranty, there is a statutory 6 months 
interesting as Motorpoint only offer 3 month warranty where the original manufacturer’s warranty has expired, they don’t mention the statutory 6 month warranty, except they do mention the 2015 act.

The problem is the act is a bit vague in its wording, it mentions fit for purpose and safe, etc, but this doesn’t cover wear and tear and you might end up in court to determine if a claim is valid or not.

Motorpoint have one Jimny in stock, at £25k 3 month extended warranty or 6 month statutory warranty is not long or particularly good value.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
28 Dec 2023 22:53 - 28 Dec 2023 22:54 #253137 by Tango91
Here's the ebay seller's shop, if anyone wants a chuckle at his other cars: (if this works?)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/a-buyers-gallery-of-supercheapies
Last edit: 28 Dec 2023 22:54 by Tango91. Reason: didn't work

More
29 Dec 2023 09:12 #253142 by facade
If you watch the car trader's blogs on youtube (e.g. Chops Garage), they are plagued by people who buy what would have been a £400 car before Covid, and have the expectations of a £40,000 brand new car, bringing it back for minor faults that you expect on a 20 year old car that has been "got rid" by the previous owner.

Really, at the age & price, all you can reasonably expect is that it goes, stops and is safe to drive. Anything else is a bonus that you checked before you handed over any money.

The jimny and Vitara are both rotten if you check their MOT history- pretty much what you'd expect tbh.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
29 Dec 2023 14:43 #253149 by Phaeton

interesting as Motorpoint only offer 3 month warranty where the original manufacturer’s warranty has expired, they don’t mention the statutory 6 month warranty, except they do mention the 2015 act.

The problem is the act is a bit vague in its wording, it mentions fit for purpose and safe, etc, but this doesn’t cover wear and tear and you might end up in court to determine if a claim is valid or not.

Motorpoint have one Jimny in stock, at £25k 3 month extended warranty or 6 month statutory warranty is not long or particularly good value.

Robin

Yes it's not clear cut, but selling with zero comebacks or returns is outside the spirit of the law, I suspect they are well known to the local trading standards officers.

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds