BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

Battery upgrade

More
15 Feb 2021 14:00 #232804 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Battery upgrade
Think of a battery as a [water] reservoir, the size of the reservoir determines how much water it can hold (capacity) and the more water it can hold the bigger the flow when you need it (starting current).

If the reservoir is filled by a large river, it will fill up much faster than if it is filled by a hosepipe, think of this as your alternator.

A larger battery will take longer to charge from your alternator, but will not damage the alternator or the charging system. If you start off with the battery fully charged (charge it in the garage first) then it will not go flat as quickly as the smaller one, especially if you don't use your Jimny much in lockdown.

I should have fitted a bigger battery last year when mine apparently died, but it had just got very discharged in lockdown when I didn't use the vehicle and didn't initially want to re-charge. Now I have two, both 45Ahr, but a spare is always handy, even if it isn't as good.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds