BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

Re:I had a go in a new swift.....

More
15 Nov 2019 12:29 #215656 by facade
As a freighter from Pandora returned to Earth recently, Suzuki finally got enough unobtanium to make me a towbar (only 6 months wait....) whilst it was fitted, they lent me a brand new swift attitude, with a normally aspirated 1200 engine - no nasty turbo to frighten oldies like me.

Apart from the brakes were the most frightening I've ever driven since a Citroen DS back in 1980, absolutely zero feel or progression, they lock all 4 wheels with the slightest tickle, the VIN number started JS !

Now I thought the swift was made in Hungary, so it should be TS, but when I asked, they said it was a manufacturer code, not a plant code- like all Opels used to be W, but I thought that was only within a continent.

Is the latest swift made in Japan?

If it is, and you can get used to the brakes, they are a bargain, Suzuki can't shift them, so there is no VAT at the moment at my dealer.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2019 12:40 #215657 by mlines
Suzuki shifted all the stock out to the dealers to clear all the petrol engine vehicles from the system. Lots around at bargain prices

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
15 Nov 2019 12:42 #215658 by facade
I thought it was a great little car, but was it made in Japan?

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
15 Nov 2019 12:43 #215659 by mlines
And Japan is the only global factory for the swift since 2017

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: facade

More
15 Nov 2019 12:58 #215660 by facade
Thanks, shows you how much the dealers know- but I didn't believe them tbh, they told me the Jimny was the only built (properly) in Japan car they sell (or would like to be able to) :)

• Caelite
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Nov 2019 21:22 #215673 by Caelite
Replied by Caelite on topic Re:I had a go in a new swift.....
I find most modern cars brakes are like that, hugely over assisted, I've found Ford to be one of the worst culprits, trying to jump in a mk8 Transit & not slam whatever you have in the back against the bulkhead at the first junction is a proper pain in the ass.

More
15 Nov 2019 23:35 #215679 by cailean
The Swift Sport is good fun, under-rated and tunable too.

More
16 Nov 2019 10:59 #215687 by facade

Caelite wrote: I find most modern cars brakes are like that, hugely over assisted

I think the braking effort depends on the distance down the pedal goes, not the pressure applied, I'm used to pressing against something........:unsure:

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
17 Nov 2019 20:18 #215722 by Lambert
I have had a few cars like that, they stop well enough but the pedal feels so soft that it could keep going to the floor, my civic was horrible for it.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• wombat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Nov 2019 21:22 #215785 by wombat
Replied by wombat on topic I had a go in a new swift.....
Having recently changed my jimny for a new swift sport I know what you mean about the brakes. At low speeds you only have to look at the brake pedal and the car stops instantly, but above around 15mph they are more progressive,and seem to improve when stopping from higher speeds. Would also like to say i love the swift but am missing the jimny, but swmbo hates the look of the new jimnys ,if they where available !!:( :(

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds