BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

I have been occupied..

More
28 Nov 2018 17:32 #198283 by yakuza
norwaytoday.info/news/police-believe-pol...ng-in-orsta-is-dead/

As I am a member of the volunteer rescue service thru the Red Cross, I have been very occupied for several days now searching for a missing person.
Mostly in the communications room handling more than 250 calls a day on the closed circuit emergency radio, Red Cross VHF, and incoming phone calls. On the most busy days of the search for the missing person we had 350 persons out searching.
But I also got my share of offroad driving up and down a steep mountain track as I drove search teams into the mountain for the first day and night. Our old Montero now needs a new clutch. Probably worn brakes as well. Mostly first and second in low range for days of abuse..
Got one run up there with my Jimny as well.

No sign of her so still some searching going on.

I have been doing this since 1984 and just love the feeling of now and then being able to make a positive difference.
Seeing my friends in the service sharing so much effort and time just makes me so proud.

Just want to recommend this hobby to anyone who have the opportunity.

Make a difference with your life, however small.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, Delux, Max Headroom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2018 17:53 - 28 Nov 2018 23:05 #198285 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic I have been occupied..
Yakuza

This is very, very commendable work - absolutely well done! I take my hat off to you.

When I was in the RAF a lot of my colleagues signed up for the RAF mountain-rescue teams that operate here.

As you may remember us discussing, I annually headed off to Norway on excercise Hardfall back in the early 90s and we did a little bit of avalanche search and rescue with the Norwegian army, so I have a small impression of what can be involved.

It's people like you that selflessly volunteer for this work that I think are totally outstanding, and deserve proper recognition. It must be very rewarding in itself but I'm sure there are some sad times too.

Keep up the good work for as long as you can.

Absolutely Brilliant!

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 28 Nov 2018 23:05 by Max Headroom.

• JustCallMeRick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Nov 2018 19:16 - 28 Nov 2018 19:18 #198299 by JustCallMeRick
Replied by JustCallMeRick on topic I have been occupied..
You are a legend Yakuza.
your community must be proud of you!
I would help you fix the montero but its quite the drive to get there :laugh:
I might however get you a drink at a future Norwegian Suzuki meet.
Last edit: 28 Nov 2018 19:18 by JustCallMeRick.

More
28 Nov 2018 21:44 #198310 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic I have been occupied..
I served on Southend Lifeboat for 10 years. It does give you a buzz when you know you've made a difference. Whether it be a search and rescue or a body recovery, that's someone's loved one you're finding and bringing back for them to either hug or mourne.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
The following user(s) said Thank You: yakuza

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
29 Nov 2018 05:21 #198326 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic I have been occupied..
Totally commendable, well done!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds