BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

Maruti Gypsy - I never knew that...!

• Max Headroom
  • Max Headroom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • OPEN AIR MOTORING... 93 MILLION MILES OF HEADROOM
More
20 Nov 2018 00:29 - 20 Nov 2018 00:58 #197825 by Max Headroom
I stumbled on this by accident. I've never heard of the Maruti Gypsy - but some obvious connections to Suzuki

MARUTI GYPSY

Apparently it's being killed off this month

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 20 Nov 2018 00:58 by Max Headroom.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Nov 2018 08:34 #197835 by sniper
Just had a look at the link, the sales approach is great, extolling the virtues of vanity mirrors, highlighting stunning features such as "hazard warning lights". Proper class, none of the consumerist luxury found in the west, even carpets are seen as a feature....

sniper

More
20 Nov 2018 09:00 #197836 by Busta
Amzing that this has still been in production and sad that it is finishing. I wonder if the outgoing Jimny will replace it?
Like Sniper, I enjoyed reading the spec. Distributorless ignition made me smile. And I've always wanted a vehicle with a folding front windscreen.

More
20 Nov 2018 10:15 #197838 by yakuza
I play with the idea of going to Nepal to buy one. And drive it home through all the
-stans and Russia.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
20 Nov 2018 14:35 #197849 by mlines
I believe they will jump straight to the new jimny and this will be a locally produced stripped version, hence the rumours of a £7000 new jimny. It will be an Asian home market version

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
21 Nov 2018 08:59 #197891 by yakuza
Some rumors state the new jimny will not come to India at all though..
Hence the rumors the last gen would.

I have bought a lot of new Maruti parts from Chandigarh and Mumbai on ebay for my lwb SJ. Great that all these parts still exist and will so for a long time.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds