BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

is there any intrest fast back hard top

More
29 Jan 2014 23:29 #102581 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic is there any intrest

idiotmobil wrote: I dont think it would fit to well in the back. Insides going to be ressobable finish I was going to make it in two parts but it pushes up the time to make buy nearly double. I did think about it just clipping on and off but this would mean the boot would not open with out the roof being lifted off and I didnt wontvthis and im sure other wouldnt would be so much easyer tho.

Yes I forgot youall have half doors. I have fitted a few roofs to vans, Transit and Sherpa, which were unlined though may have been double skinned, I just cannot remember, but they got lined with cheap carpet and Evo Stick lol.

I am sure that if a kit was offered peeps would do the hard yards themselves especially with this lot who lurv fettling almost as much as me!

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2014 18:12 - 30 Jan 2014 18:16 #102635 by idiotmobil
Replied by idiotmobil on topic is there any intrest

helijohn wrote:

idiotmobil wrote: I dont think it would fit to well in the back. Insides going to be ressobable finish I was going to make it in two parts but it pushes up the time to make buy nearly double. I did think about it just clipping on and off but this would mean the boot would not open with out the roof being lifted off and I didnt wontvthis and im sure other wouldnt would be so much easyer tho.

Yes I forgot youall have half doors. I have fitted a few roofs to vans, Transit and Sherpa, which were unlined though may have been double skinned, I just cannot remember, but they got lined with cheap carpet and Evo Stick lol.

I am sure that if a kit was offered peeps would do the hard yards themselves especially with this lot who lurv fettling almost as much as me!

should be a lot les if any condensation as vans etc are metal witch is a lot colder

JIMNYLESS
Last edit: 30 Jan 2014 18:16 by idiotmobil.

More
31 Jan 2014 17:44 #102746 by idiotmobil
First one layed up in mould and got window cut should have the window in and rubbers on monday and sit it on the jimny to see how it looks

JIMNYLESS

More
31 Jan 2014 17:45 #102747 by idiotmobil

JIMNYLESS
Attachments:

More
01 Feb 2014 15:15 #102854 by idiotmobil
first one out the mould the finish isn't great but I knew this and will work the mould next week and hopfully have the rubbers and window fitted Monday and test fit it and get to work on the hinges all in all its gone quite

few picture it needs a trim

JIMNYLESS
Attachments:

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Feb 2014 19:49 #102914 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic is there any intrest
Looking good mate :cheer:

More
01 Feb 2014 19:51 #102915 by idiotmobil
should have mine bolted in beginning of week im fitting mine before the hinges as its going to look cool lol

JIMNYLESS

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Feb 2014 20:01 #102922 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic is there any intrest
Nice lol will look stealth. How strong will it be?is it going to shatter at the first sign of a tree lol!

More
01 Feb 2014 20:14 #102929 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic is there any intrest

jonesyba420 wrote: Nice lol will look stealth. How strong will it be?is it going to shatter at the first sign of a tree lol!

Shouldn't be exposing something as nice as that to the wilds. :whistle:

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
01 Feb 2014 20:27 #102933 by idiotmobil

jonesyba420 wrote: Nice lol will look stealth. How strong will it be?is it going to shatter at the first sign of a tree lol!

think how hard a boat hits the waves answer extremely hard this isn't as think about a 3rd but you could throw a rock at it, be ten times stronger than the soft top, I need to go thinker on the other ones this was a test run at the thinnest I could of gone and its iver going to need a couple more layers or the better option it to put some ribs in it only just come out the mould and will harden bit bit over the next few days and once fitted will be solid just need it to go up and down with out flexing and it only weights about 5kg so nice and light

JIMNYLESS

• Dean1994
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Feb 2014 20:08 #103245 by Dean1994
Replied by Dean1994 on topic is there any intrest
Looking good!!

More
03 Feb 2014 21:07 #103251 by idiotmobil
done a bit more trimmed it up this evening and added some strength to it, tomorrow borrowing a motor and going to get the rubbers and if I find a away of moving the jimny of the trailer and in the work shop with no clutch ill be test fitting and fitting the window also with how lights its turned out I mite look in do fixing it some how with out hinges this is only a idea to cut down time and cost

JIMNYLESS
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds