BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

Looters are bad?????

• Keefe
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Aug 2011 11:02 #20243 by Keefe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Aug 2011 13:44 #20252 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: Looters are bad?????
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Aug 2011 17:50 #20258 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic Re: Looters are bad?????
The photo retouches are funny but... I've cancelled my trip to the UK and Ireland. There is something fundamentally wrong with a country when this sort of murder and rioting happens. I wouldn't feel safe after seeing the lawlessness on the TV.

Got my deposits back though so that was good. We are going to China instead, haven't booked yet as still looking through all the brochures but it seems a lively and secure place with plenty of interest to see.

• Keefe
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Aug 2011 19:53 - 12 Aug 2011 19:54 #20261 by Keefe
Replied by Keefe on topic Re: Looters are bad?????
Nowt here worth looking at that you can't see on the telly or internet. Must be cheaper that way too.
Mind you, the further North you go, the better it gets. ;)

Mind you, if we can get a couple of boat loads of them rounded up, we could start sending you them again. LoL!
Last edit: 12 Aug 2011 19:54 by Keefe.

More
12 Aug 2011 19:54 #20262 by Halford
Replied by Halford on topic Re: Looters are bad?????
Don't blame you Ian ;)

I had an opportunity to move to Oz 35 years ago .... didn't do it, totally regret it
The missus wanted to move to Spain 20 years ago .. didn't do it, totally regret it

Over 2 or 3 generations we've produced a new sub-society in the UK, many reasons why, but mainly down to the politically correct do-gooders, when one ignores the fact that kids need boundaries and crossing boundaries needs consequences - what can we expect.

Most people I know wanted to see the police wade in cracking skulls rather than stand around as targets, but they feared it wouldn't have been PC.

Have a good one in China ;)

Grumpy Old Halford :evil:

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Aug 2011 23:40 #20264 by ZookFastback
The problem isn't really unique to the UK. It seems to stem from a lack of discipline and respect and a sort of "Give it to me, I didn't earn it but I want it anyway" sort of attitude.

I would suggest to the coppers that they use water cannon, loaded up with indelible dye and simply charge anybody they catch "Red Handed, red legged and red headed" ;) with riotous assembly :D If nothing else it would bring a bit of colour to the riots :woohoo:

I am looking forward to going to China now, it was always on my "To do" list. Whilst I am not normally keen on supporting communist countries with my tourist dollars it is nonetheless a fascinating place from all accounts... and I can hire a Jimny to do my touring :)

• teafortwo0789
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Aug 2011 07:42 #20269 by teafortwo0789
Replied by teafortwo0789 on topic Re: Looters are bad?????
Sorry to hear you've decided not to come to the UK. It's not all bad, quite good in fact. At least you can see what we are like!!!! In China and many other countries it could have been suppressed.

I'm not sure if you are allowed to drive in China, as a visitor.
I understand (From the Lonely Planet Guide) that you have hire a driver. Still good luck I hope it's all you hope for.

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Aug 2011 11:19 #20278 by ZookFastback
There are plenty of self-drive tours available in China, though the itinery must be submitted 3-5 months in advance.

• SPC5838
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Aug 2011 21:00 #20410 by SPC5838
Replied by SPC5838 on topic Re: Looters are bad?????
At least if there's any riots in China it'll be sorted quickly... they'll get the Main Battle Tanks and go for a drive again over the protestors again :huh:

No offence intended but it's a little unfair to tar the whole UK with the same brush because of morons in a few citys, I do totally agree with lack of respect and "Give it to me, I didn't earn it but I want it anyway" attitude though - hopefully they'll pay attention to that petition and take the benefits away from anyone who's convicted after the riots... then provide with them with a career, accomodation, 3 meals a day and a wage... with the Army in Afghanistan :P

Enjoy China Zook; if you do ever make it here we ain't all bad mate ;) !

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Aug 2011 03:39 #20412 by ZookFastback
I've been to the UK several times so I know what it is like. I have lots of entertaining times and always enjoy the countryside. I like the funny accents of the different areas and the compactness of the place. I went to Anna Creek Station here in Australia many years ago and that property is over 30,000 square kilometres (about 5,500,000 acres) which, from memory, is about half the size of the UK. We often drive over to Adelaide for the weekend and that is 800 kilometres away from home so the scale of things is the first thing you notice. I also like wandering around London itself, all the little dark alleys with interesting things to see/buy.

The things I don't like are the squashed up houses, the recent riots, the concept of private ownership of rivers and waterways and of course hereditary titles. But the Historical sites, old thatched houses, Bath with it's Roman buildings, these are magnificent.

:D

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds