BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

A shot in the dark but....

• bertbuckie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Mar 2011 08:51 #13146 by bertbuckie
Replied by bertbuckie on topic Re: A shot in the dark but....
Training is adictive isnt it? I just started again..... fedup being unfit and now my knee is improving I can actually do cardio again :D be nice to be fit again :D ---- not too good at the eating thing tho tbh.... I just eat whatever the wife gives me lol
Need for speed on the PS3 rocks :D - but I love resident evil 4 on the wii...... even tho its got pants grafics its just so adictive :D
When I said my RC nitro exploded into a ball of flames I exagerated slightly.... it just exploded into a mass of splintered bits lol.... kindof put me off and I never bothered after that.
God my heads sore today :( - no driving today me thinks lol..... nevermind, thats me on a weeks holiday :D ( tho I will be busy with my college work :( )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Mar 2011 09:20 #13153 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: A shot in the dark but....

srcars wrote: I have a PS3 but the games seem harder now I am getting older :S playing Need for Speed Hot Pursuit at the moment although I still love Dirt 2, We also have a Wii which is great fun with the family.

Besides building 1:1 cars though my main hobby is building Scale RC off road cars and rock crawlers see my link here srcars.zxq.net/ Just waiting for a Jimny body to be released B)

know what you mean about the ps3 - getting glasses so could see the tv screen properly helped a lot :laugh:
currently playing GT5 at the moment but struggling on the top level races - luckily new races appear every 2 weeks to race :)
we've also got a couple of rc cars
a tamiya DTM merc, a tamyia twin detonator and a hpi crawler king
would love a 1/8th jimny body for the crawler king :)

More
12 Mar 2011 16:09 #13185 by mcjimny

bertbuckie wrote: Training is adictive isnt it? I just started again..... fedup being unfit and now my knee is improving I can actually do cardio again :D be nice to be fit again :D ---- not too good at the eating thing tho tbh.... I just eat whatever the wife gives me lol

I love the feeling of heavy arms when you've finished and your t-shirt tight on your lats when you body tells you you've worked it! I'm starting to eat a bit better cut out so much bread and potatoes, and will get on my bike a bit more until i can start training again
When i was training before I just made sure i kept bad stuff down to an absolute minimum, steamed my food etc.. and as said tried to get most of my protein from whole foods. Can't be arsed with all that eating clean and stuff, you've got to live still! Nowt wrong with the odd takeaway

We've got a Wii for the family too, brilliant fun but i've not got any games for me on it, aas its on the main tv when you get hooked no one else gets a look in on the tv!

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!

• lukeyblunt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Mar 2011 23:58 #13217 by lukeyblunt
Replied by lukeyblunt on topic Re: A shot in the dark but....
I'm still going strong on the COD black ops ! xbox 360.
If anyone's on 'live', I'm BLUNTY34 :)

• srcars
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Mar 2011 07:32 #13222 by srcars
Replied by srcars on topic Re: A shot in the dark but....

know what you mean about the ps3 - getting glasses so could see the tv screen properly helped a lot :laugh:
currently playing GT5 at the moment but struggling on the top level races - luckily new races appear every 2 weeks to race :)

Yep same for me on GT5 ,I did buy Call of Duty, the one before Black Ops but to many buttons for me :( The amount of times I was under attack and managed to drop a hand grenade at my feet and blow myself up :laugh:

• bertbuckie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Mar 2011 09:09 #13228 by bertbuckie

srcars wrote:

Yep same for me on GT5 ,I did buy Call of Duty, the one before Black Ops but to many buttons for me :( The amount of times I was under attack and managed to drop a hand grenade at my feet and blow myself up :laugh:

lol, I used to play PS3 Gran turismo 5 online...... for all of about 2 nights :( - kept getting beaten by 10 year olds from foriegn countries :(

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Mar 2011 19:23 #13281 by darthloachie
just go on the top gear track and spend hours annoying people by driving into them :evil: - last time ended up with 8 of them chasing me :laugh:

• bertbuckie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Mar 2011 19:39 #13284 by bertbuckie

darthloachie wrote: just go on the top gear track and spend hours annoying people by driving into them :evil: - last time ended up with 8 of them chasing me :laugh:

roflmfao!!!

Well, I have begun another batch of home made wine today :D
23 litres of it so should be done fermenting in a week or so :)

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Mar 2011 19:59 - 13 Mar 2011 19:59 #13291 by darthloachie

bertbuckie wrote:

darthloachie wrote: just go on the top gear track and spend hours annoying people by driving into them :evil: - last time ended up with 8 of them chasing me :laugh:

roflmfao!!!

Well, I have begun another batch of home made wine today :D
23 litres of it so should be done fermenting in a week or so :)

try making marrow rum - cut the top off the marrow take all the seeds out and then fill it with sugar and a spoonfull of yeast. Put the top back on, seleotape it up, put it in a bowl and stick it in the airing cupboard. the sugar/yeast mixture will ferment and a hole will form in the bottom of the marrow and out comes marrow wine/liquoir - rocket fuel
Last edit: 13 Mar 2011 19:59 by darthloachie.

• bertbuckie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Mar 2011 20:34 #13639 by bertbuckie

mcjimny wrote: I used to be into training but my work doesn't fit with it, i basically do split shifts and start at 11am covering lunch then home and back in again at 6. If i went before work i didn't have time to eat after the gym so i would train and go 6-8 hours sometimes without chance to eat. Then if i go after work i'd still have had ages without food. I was getting nowhere and relying on supplements and not getting wenough protein from whole foods, as one of my old trainers told me you wouldn't drive from London to Scotland then fill your car up. I'm working on getting something for better hours theres a lot of factors changed since i started managing pubs. Once i've got a new job i'll start again, i really miss the whole deal the food planning and preparation, the gym ritual etc.... i'd look forward to it all day and if something came up and i couldn't make it i'd be properly moody! Some may say i'm a bit sad but trainings not for everyone, would even get up early on Sundays to get in while its quiet. Everything benefits sleep, energy, health.

Well after about 6-8 weeks im up to 200 push ups a day, 100 sit ups, etc etc :)
REALLY noticing the difference :D - not really bulking much ( but I havnt been eating properly ) but I have lost my gut a lot and all my body has become toned :)
What you say about being moody...... I'm on anti depresants.....long story and one of the reasons I dissapeared for a month or 2. The training gives me a much much bigger high than any drug ever has :)
Really loving it :D - pull your finger out and get back to it :D - I even do it at work lol

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds