BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Sell your bits!
NOTE: This is for members and their private sales/wants.
There are rules that suppliers have to follow (and many of you do follow the rules). However there have been a number of instances recently where "suppliers" have broken the rules.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum

Lots of parts available for the new Jimny as I unfortunately had to sell mine:-(

• Appanna
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Aug 2021 15:58 #237663 by Appanna
Hi All,

I've a number of accessories and stuff for the JB74, some will fit the previous model Jimny too.
They're all on eBay, link to one of the items is 

ebay.us/4aoTmj?cmpnId=5338273189

If you then look at the other items I've got for sale, you see all of them. 

There are items such as:-
  • Full underbody protection,
  • Reversing camera,
  • Suzuki mats,
  • A bespoke fitting kit to use 16.5cm (6.5") speakers front and rear
  • Suzuki detachable Towbar & Electrics
  • Lots of other stuff
All the auctions are ending in 5-7 days, so please see if there's anything you need and get a bargain!

Cheers

Roy (07515546494)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2021 17:14 - 17 Aug 2021 17:17 #237672 by lightning
l would take the tow bar but, Milton Keynes is a
300 mile round trip from here.
You need to offer postage if you want these items to sell.

Collection in person only works if the buyers live near to you in Milton Keynes.

If you look on Parcel2Go (or similar) prices are very reasonable, and you can add it to the price.
Last edit: 17 Aug 2021 17:17 by lightning.

More
17 Aug 2021 21:39 #237679 by Coco BT
would take a pair of speakers if you're willing to split ?..
only need 2 for the commercial 

Thanks 

More
  • MrPaynterZA
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Aug 2021 12:46 #237692 by MrPaynterZA
I would consider all 4 CocoBT!

I am not 100% sure, but in the non commercial the rear of the vehicle has the space & the wiring under the trim to accommodate the rear speakers and looking at the below image, I think the commercial spec does as well:

File Attachment:

See the barely visible white circle under the trim?

I installed upgraded speakers front and rear with existing wiring and no amp (I do have an aftermarket head unit) and it made a significant improvement to both quality and volume. 

More
18 Aug 2021 15:38 - 18 Aug 2021 17:28 #237695 by mlines
The UK version of the Jimny Commercial has what is called an "e-call" system fitted. This automatically detects a crash (airbags deployed) and calls the emergency services to your location. It also calls the emergency services using a manual call button in the ceiling.  To accomodate this, the service manual CLAIMS (I have yet to pull out the radio to check) that the rear speaker wiring has been removed from the connector on the rear of the radio AND has a new module and speaker fitted for the e-call in the panel position for the rear speaker on the drivers side.  

Therefore I have marked the rear speaker mounting kit as unsuitable for the commercial until I get to pull the radio out and also the rear panel.

UPDATE - FAKE NEWS!

The service manual has been updated with the "commercial" e-call system rather than the "passenger" e-call system that this original statement was based on

I have pulled the radio and it DOES have the rear speaker wiring on the head unit connector. I have also pulled the rear panel and there is NO speaker fitted in the e-call position. However there is no visible wiring on mine for the speaker (it is normally taped up behind the panel). I will chase through the wiring to see where the speaker wires disappear to

Martin

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 18 Aug 2021 17:28 by mlines.

More
18 Aug 2021 20:16 #237701 by Coco BT
thanks for the good info. TBH, our little Coco BT is in the back most of the time, I don't want to damage her ears. Having said that, could always fade out the rear. Shame you don't offer postage. Perhaps we could meet halfway, Bicester? 
PM if that's possible and 'your best price' 

Thanks 

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds