BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Discuss the BigJimny Shop and Website in this section. Whats good, whats bad, whats ugly! - what would you like to see!

Increase wiki visibility?

More
22 Aug 2019 08:56 - 22 Aug 2019 08:57 #212493 by Gadget
Hi, me again! :cheer:

One thing I've noticed is that a lot of people have no idea that the wiki exists. I'm wondering if part of that is the slightly ambiguous name of the menu entry which it sits under (Jimny Information).

It might be better to have 'Jimny Wiki' as a standalone, top-level menu item (alongside 'Home', 'Forum' etc) rather than as a sub-item of Jimny Information.

Just an idea :)
Last edit: 22 Aug 2019 08:57 by Gadget.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 10:24 #212498 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Increase wiki visibility?
Happy to try anything.

My own feeling is that people do not actually know what a Wiki is, so do not even look.

This does seem to be an issue across the site, another example being the shop with people not seeming to see that it is even there.

All ideas are welcome.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Aug 2019 10:35 #212499 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Increase wiki visibility?
I'd place the shop banner top right of every screen, next to the jimny.com placement.

But thats jus me.

More
29 Sep 2020 18:09 #228624 by Bosanek
Replied by Bosanek on topic Increase wiki visibility?
I have also arrived at the same conclusion that the existence of the BigJimny Wiki is hardly noticeable and poorly advertised among the general public.

I concluded that based on the regular occurrence of various people asking questions (for which the Wiki has exact matching articles) on various Facebook groups.
Neither the authors of the questions nor the vast majority of the commentators on their questions ever mention the BigJimny Wiki. I appear to be the almost only one who ever does link to the wiki in comments in various Facebook groups.

Therefore, I suggest that a medium-sized banner, advertising the wiki, be placed everywhere on this web site where the BigJimny Shop banner is also placed (except inside the Wiki itself).

I also agree with Martin that most people do not understand what the obscure word "wiki" actually means. Therefore, perhaps a better word to use in the banner would be "BigJimny all-around community how-to and literature knowledge base" or something like that.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
29 Sep 2020 18:18 #228626 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Increase wiki visibility?
I do try to promote the wiki section and I and I think everyone else do appreciate your efforts in making the wiki such a useful resource.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
29 Sep 2020 18:42 #228628 by IGNATUALA
Replied by IGNATUALA on topic Increase wiki visibility?
"Jimny Knowledge Base"?

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds