BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Discuss the BigJimny Shop and Website in this section. Whats good, whats bad, whats ugly! - what would you like to see!

Post editing time window

More
04 Jul 2019 09:43 #210596 by Gadget
Could the timeout on editing posts be removed completely? It would be really useful to be able to edit posts at any time (for instance first posts in 'my jimny' threads, so that you can add an index of links pointing to specific posts within the thread).

I get the reason why a forum might have an edit timeout, however this doesn't seem to be the type of place to have contentious 'he said, she said' type arguments where it would be necessary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jul 2019 10:24 #210600 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Post editing time window
Hi

The problem is not the "he said/she said" issue, it is the context change that then occurs. If someone posts something, there is a conversation about it and then the original post is edited, the rest of the conversation is then wrong and hard to follow as its context has been lost.

The problem with adding an index to the first post is that people often only read the last post. I am guilty of this. I use the "Recent Posts" to see what is going on. This means in long threads I only see the latest and do not refer back to the original so that I would not see an index or edits anyway

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds