Font size: +
1 minute reading time (155 words)

14/10/11 - Putting the Panhard back together..

The first job is to sort out the Panhard Rods.

First a new set of Panhard Rod Bushes, thanks to Dave from Bits4Vits I have these available through the BigJimny Store


Here is the bolt from the old bushes, surprisingly it looks ok once its cleaned up.

I ran an old wheel nut on and off to help clean it up further

The end of the Rod had taken a pounding before it fell apart. I had to tap it back to shape with a hammer.

Then its out with the press and in with the bushes.


Proper Job!

Then I ran the bolt in and out and checked it tightened nicely to prove that the thread on the captive bolt is ok

Then it was a matter of aligning it all up and tightening up. I coated the bolts with Loctite Thread locker this time to prevent it shaking loose.



22/10/11 - Replacing the Wing
09/10/11 - Time for more work!
We use cookies to give you the best online experience. Please let us know if you agree to all of these cookies. Accepting the Cookies also accepts the Disclaimers for the website.