× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Any one do regular long journeys in their Jimny

• redspider
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Oct 2011 10:44 #24616 by redspider

Halford wrote:

I've done a 450 mile round trip in a day in mine and it was ok.

yeh, but did you have a wife sitting next to you :pinch:

Erm .... no!

Although, in a few weeks I'm going to be driving from Glasgow to Manchester and back again with the wife and our new puppy. I'm hoping the puppy will distract her enough to limit the complaints about the lack of legroom, the uncomfortable seats, the bumpy ride, the noise........ all the things i normally hear when she's in the jimny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Topper
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Oct 2011 12:18 #24620 by Topper

Attachment DSC00642.JPG not found

Have thought about snow tyres on the bmw but its re-mapped to 210 bhp so its lively even in the wet with standard tyres

The jimnys is hers so she carnt really moan.about ride,noise etc..she wanted it and i thought great for the winter..saves the bmw
She was gutted when i sold her old vitara 4U2,so i brought her mr jimny
Attachments:

• martysmith
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Oct 2011 12:24 #24622 by martysmith
took mine from newcastle to hemmel hempstead and back to pick up 4 wheels of goatboy and mine was nee botha ........twas about 460 miles round trip and only cost about 60 - 65 quid in petrol

• Gromit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Oct 2011 17:38 - 30 Oct 2011 17:39 #24809 by Gromit
I"ve done a round trip of 440 miles in an S reg Jimny with tons of camping gear in the back and on 235 mud terrains, no problems but just kept it down to 60mph max !
Last edit: 30 Oct 2011 17:39 by Gromit.

More
31 Oct 2011 19:30 #24925 by mcjimny
I've done probably the longest journey i've done so far in mine today. I went to pick a bike up and i've got a spare wheel bike carrier so taking our other car didn't even enter my mind.

It was about 130ish miles round trip and my only issue is that i'm 5'11" but my legs are quite long, my knee just rests against the electric window switch box thing on the door and started to hurt after a while. Otherwise the journey was bob on and i actually enjoyed it, i never cracked more than 55/60 most of the way so it was actually quite relaxing. If i take our "normal" car i can't help but give it some hammer and i get out the other end practically exhausted. I could have happily done triple the distance - if not more!! :silly: Its just enforced my sentiments that its the most practical car i've owned despite its size!
Since fitting taller tyres its killed the acceleration but once its up to cruising speed its actually not a lot less economical. Its just takes a little longer to get there.

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Oct 2011 21:16 #24939 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic Re: Any one do regular long journeys in their Jimny
I make about 3-4 trips a year in the Jimny on my Hols and usually head north or west. Distances travelled for the round trips are 4,000 to 9,000 kilometres and the Jimny performs flawlessly. I travel at around the 100-120 kph mark, mostly on my own but sometimes join small convoys for the company, particularly in the Top End. Cruising down the West Coast of WA is my favourite, popping inland every now and then for a look/see. Fuel is reasonably well spaced and I only carry an extra 20 litres. I take a pop-up tent or a swag and camp is usually set up under a lean-to. Minimal loading of the Jimny is the secret and I wouldn't take more than 80kg of gear. Biggest worry is the crocs, one of which took a bite out of my right rear tyre. He got a big shock though as the escaping air made his mouth foam up and then he chucked up. I drove off and replaced the tyre some distance away!

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds