BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

New Jimny owner

• WARRIOR-GREY
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Aug 2014 13:22 #122237 by WARRIOR-GREY
New Jimny owner was created by WARRIOR-GREY
Looking good there irishguy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• little jimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Aug 2014 14:30 #122247 by little jimny
Replied by little jimny on topic New Jimny owner
Good to see you're enjoying the Jimny! Those Yokohama Geolandars were virtually new so you should be able to get a good few quid for them, and the spare wheel covers make good money on eBay too. I'm surprised you changed the oil - it had barely been in there a couple of months! Quite funny to see the Nokia kit showing battery and signal strength - it used to do that with with a Sony Ericsson we used to have, but wouldn't with our so-called smart phones!

Sorry to hear about the hubs. Last time I actually used the four wheel drive in anger was in snow in January 2013 - I'd just assumed it was working after that because the green light was solid the few times that I'd used it since.

More
17 Aug 2014 15:11 #122254 by Halford
Replied by Halford on topic New Jimny owner
B)

looking forward to seeing further mods :whistle:

and adventures :)

welcome aboard

;)

• Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Aug 2014 19:55 #122286 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic New Jimny owner
I do the same with any new car, it's peace of mind .. ;) & welcome our fine forum it’s good to have you join us ................ ;)

• Flatfendweller
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Aug 2014 09:37 #122349 by Flatfendweller
Replied by Flatfendweller on topic New Jimny owner
I have radio envy!! :sick: Love the Jimny - great colour, same as mine :whistle: Looks like you got a great deal there and I hope you have fun with it. Can't recommend the forum enough - everyone has been really helpful when I have asked daft questions - which is reassuring.

• L7kvv
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Sep 2014 23:10 #123272 by L7kvv
Replied by L7kvv on topic New Jimny owner
Ive had a jimny as a second car fro past four years. Where was that hill shot taken. The most off roading mines seen is pretty much over fields

• Sandspider
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Sep 2014 13:19 #123615 by Sandspider
Replied by Sandspider on topic New Jimny owner
You've got access to some nice lanes there. Hardly anywhere off road available round here. :(

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Aug 2015 14:46 #148886 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic New Jimny owner
Looking good, let us know how it applies where did you get it from ? if you do put the carpets back in its a great time to put down a load of sound proofing ;) ;)

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Aug 2015 14:48 - 02 Aug 2015 14:50 #148887 by Daniel30
Oh and install rear speakers great upgrade to the sound in a jimny ( if you haven't got them already)
Last edit: 02 Aug 2015 14:50 by Daniel30. Reason: Add

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Aug 2015 15:34 #148889 by Daniel30
Ok then :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: what do you do with your jimny then? Maybe you can get a rubber load liner from a van or something and cut it to shape so it protects those wires ;) ;)

• jim
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Aug 2015 16:42 #148890 by jim
Replied by jim on topic New Jimny owner
Welcome. My second car is a 205 gti! I have installed an Mi 16 engine. I have owned a few of them now.

• jim
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Aug 2015 18:39 #148895 by jim
Replied by jim on topic New Jimny owner
You are right I have had a 1986 and currently 1988 and no signs of rot. Such a shame jimnys rust especially when they are so capable in mud/snow. Yes we have lots of road salt here but not all cars suffer. Looks like you are well on the way to sorting that problem out though.

irishguy123 wrote: Excellent! Mine is just a standard 1.9 but it's great entertainment! Also Peugeot could really teach Suzuki a thing or two about rust proofing, mines 25 years old and still spotless! :)

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds