BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:Re:Lumberjack Jimny

More
07 Jun 2014 09:40 #117274 by supergaz
Replied by supergaz on topic Re:Lumberjack Jimny
That will be A 1.6, I think its a very underrated car, not helped by top gears test track.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2014 12:18 #117292 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Lumberjack Jimny
Yeah 1.6, 105hp.

You're right Supergaz- it's not a bad car! It's a bit grandad-ish to look at and very grey inside but it's comfy, handles well, is just about quick enough and has loads of room for people and bikes and stuff- something I've missed with the Jimny!

For what it cost I'll happily drive it around for a year or 2 until I get bored!

• zukenutter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Jun 2014 09:57 #117357 by zukenutter
Replied by zukenutter on topic Re:Lumberjack Jimny
The Liana was fairly underrated here too.

• Swifty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jun 2014 21:18 #119083 by Swifty
Replied by Swifty on topic Lumberjack Jimny

Busta wrote: After a pleasant road trip to Gainsborough with the Range Rover and trailer this weekend I am now the very proud owner of this beautiful Liana! It cost the princely sum of £323 complete with a faulty crank position sensor but is otherwise faultless and spotless!

The idea was put the engine in the Jimny and break the rest but after driving it around a bit it seems silly to ruin a tidy, comfy and (compared to a Jimny) quick car. I think I'm going to use it as a run around for a bit and look at things again in a few months!

Did you win that on ebay, think it's one I was bidding on!!! :-) was just after the engine, :-)

More
30 Jun 2014 23:32 #119098 by Busta
Yes I did! It only needed the crank position sensor. I just wanted the engine too but it seems too good to wreck.

I drove it to Heathrow and back today, 300 miles at 70-80mph, 40mpg, air conditioning- better than sweating it out in the Jimny!

More
08 Sep 2014 08:50 #123600 by Busta
Something I've wanted for ages- a set of gang mowers to tow behind the Jimny! I have a 2 acre campsite, which I had been borrowing a tractor and hay mower to cut. Now I can cut it in 30 minutes with Jimny power!

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Sep 2014 14:17 #123618 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Lumberjack Jimny

Busta wrote: Something I've wanted for ages- a set of gang mowers to tow behind the Jimny! I have a 2 acre campsite, which I had been borrowing a tractor and hay mower to cut. Now I can cut it in 30 minutes with Jimny power!

B) B) B) B) B) B)

More
08 Sep 2014 20:14 #123644 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Lumberjack Jimny
Absolutely awesome!

A relative has an old grey Massey Furgeson Vintage tractor to pull a power take off mower for their field. I had to tow it out of the field once as it's un reliable but cool nonetheless!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
17 Oct 2014 22:45 #126802 by Busta
A short video of me and the Jimny at work in the woods!

More
18 Oct 2014 10:08 #126822 by Rhinoman
Replied by Rhinoman on topic Lumberjack Jimny
That's cool, I use a self-powered topper behind my Jimny.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.

More
18 Oct 2014 16:53 #126855 by Busta
It's so handy having something small and light but still big enough to tow stuff! I've tried to use quad bikes for this sort of work but they are too light for dragging stuff and so expensive for what you get. They just need to bring out a Jimny pickup now!

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Oct 2014 17:52 #126862 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic Lumberjack Jimny
Looks really good :)
But you should consider putting some MT tyres on ;)

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds