BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

where is that vacuum tank

• olboa
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Sep 2018 21:57 #196015 by olboa
where is that vacuum tank was created by olboa
Hey everyone new to the jimny forum
my daughter has and loves her jimny and gets dad to fix it

She recently complained about an intermittent whistle coming from the front left area
I threw it up onto my hoist and found that there is no front hub locking happening

mmmm could the whistle be a vacuum leak?
A quick check and all of the lines look OK but I cannot find the vacuum tank, hence this post.

Cab someone point me in the right direction to this little tank

Thanks
Olboa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2018 22:33 - 15 Sep 2018 22:34 #196017 by facade
Replied by facade on topic where is that vacuum tank
It is under the drivers wing, above the plastic splash guard.

I think the end of it comes out into the engine compartment anyway.

The tube from the manifold runs to the 2 solenoid valves via a non return valve and is teed to the vacuum tank.
The solenoid valves are change over ones, they either vent the hub lines to atmosphere via a little foam filter, or connect either hub line to the vacuum tank. This only happens for a few seconds each time 4wd is activated or dis-engaged.

The solenoid valves have a tendency to stick and not change over fully, so the vacuum line just connects to atmosphere and no vacuum happens in the tank.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
Last edit: 15 Sep 2018 22:34 by facade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds