BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

engine sump shield

• jonathan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 May 2013 09:05 #71757 by jonathan
engine sump shield was created by jonathan
any know of a good engine / sump shield to keep water and dirt off the bottom of my engine bay and the fan belts

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adamatdraycott
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 May 2013 09:33 #71760 by adamatdraycott
Replied by adamatdraycott on topic engine sump shield
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationSuzuki used to make a alloy shield that bolted to the 98-05 bumper that was very much for aesthetics.
There was one on ebay last week, but they guy wanted £40

The and sump is hidden above front axel so not exposed to much... unlike land rovers!

The 06-12 shape front end has a shield that goes further under the engine to cut down on the spray entering the engine bay... not sure if its a factory fit or accessory

More
26 May 2013 10:48 #71765 by maverick
Replied by maverick on topic engine sump shield
dont use it when it rains ...

Jalapeño, IISY?

More
26 May 2013 13:26 #71775 by Basketcase
Replied by Basketcase on topic engine sump shield
Someone I know owns a fibreglass panel making place where they make rally car parts and bits he said he could make up a 10mm thick undertray for me all measured and perfectly made for £50 same as they have on rally cross cars could ask him to do a few more if anyone else is interested?
The following user(s) said Thank You: jonathan

• jonathan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 May 2013 14:41 #71785 by jonathan
Replied by jonathan on topic engine sump shield
i would like to see one first ,mite interested in one

• JuanGuillie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 May 2013 14:43 #71786 by JuanGuillie
Replied by JuanGuillie on topic engine sump shield

Basketcase wrote: Someone I know owns a fibreglass panel making place where they make rally car parts and bits he said he could make up a 10mm thick undertray for me all measured and perfectly made for £50 same as they have on rally cross cars could ask him to do a few more if anyone else is interested?

+1, i could be interested if it can be mounted on excisting holes on the front and whitout extra drilling in to chassis.

More
26 May 2013 15:52 #71789 by Basketcase
Ill go see him this week and get him to make one up for myself anyway and ill get pics and measurements of it all and post em on here

• adamatdraycott
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 May 2013 13:37 #71865 by adamatdraycott
Replied by adamatdraycott on topic engine sump shield
I may also be interested once I have seen pics

More
28 May 2013 17:59 #71987 by Basketcase
right just an update, been to see him today and we have no idea where we could atach a undertray/splash guard to on the jim!! the best we can come up with is either where the radius arms bolt to the axle and to the underside of the car so itd be a rectangle approx 30"x35" carbon fibre with kevlar layers for extra strength then possibly come up in a lip at the front to go over the existing bumper for exra protection. Has anyone seen a sump guard typev thing for the jimny other than the one up there^^ on ebay? like the landrover style ones as we are struggling to find mounting holes for it.

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 May 2013 18:42 #71992 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic engine sump shield
If it goes onto the axle and the body/chassis it would break on suspension movment

More
28 May 2013 19:08 #71999 by Basketcase
we're thinking... if you imagine looking at the jim from underneath where the radius arms bolt onto the car chassis attaching there then going to the front of the car covering the radius arms and bolting to the axle where the arms bolt and then just like a flange or something to the bumper. i cant find ANY underbody protection for the jim on the internet there only seems to be landrover ones. i may have to have it so it just protects the sump and steering and have a seperate piece for the diffs/axle . but also i dont want it to go from under the car to the front with clearance for the diff as this will then create problems with articulation as the axle wont be able to go down lower than the guard...doesnt help the fact it was pi$$ing it down when we was trying to find somewhere to attach to

• RichiesJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 May 2013 19:13 #72001 by RichiesJimny
Replied by RichiesJimny on topic engine sump shield
The sump is well up above the front axle so is not really exposed anyway so I personally wouldn't bother with a sump gaurd. :)

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds