BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Sell your bits!
NOTE: This is for members and their private sales/wants.
There are rules that suppliers have to follow (and many of you do follow the rules). However there have been a number of instances recently where "suppliers" have broken the rules.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum

Steering bar?

More
30 Jan 2018 13:41 #188978 by 2013gary
Steering bar? was created by 2013gary
Hi all,

I'm looking for a new bar to replace the bent one in the picture if anyone has one. Not sure if it's called the steering bar, but since I bent it the steering wheel has been upside down.

It's not one of the two tie rods, it's the other one that can be seen from the front of the car.

Many thanks

Gary
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
30 Jan 2018 18:42 #188988 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Steering bar?
That looks more like the panhard rod thats bent. It connects from the passender side of the axle body to the driver side chassis rail. The steering bar would be the one in front on the pic, which connects the power steering box to the swivel hub on the end. If you had bent the steering bar then both front wheels would be pointing inwards and it would be impossible to drive. Bent panhard means the axle will be off to one side a bit more than the other, but wheels still straight..

I will have an old one somewhere (panhard rod) from when i changed mine to HD ones, possibly an upgrade you need!

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
30 Jan 2018 19:08 #188990 by j999pre
Replied by j999pre on topic Steering bar?
Second that. Looks like panhard. I can do you hd ones with bushes if you message me.

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

More
31 Jan 2018 10:02 #189010 by 2013gary
Replied by 2013gary on topic Steering bar?
Thanks for the replies, yes it must be the panhard rod then. I'm not sure I can justify getting HD ones as this was not done off road - I had an accident.

Gary

• Mraz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jan 2018 10:59 #189011 by Mraz
Replied by Mraz on topic Steering bar?
I'd just buy a piece of tube and weld the ends of the original one, or make new one from scratch and mount original bushes. If you buy thick-walled tube you'll have HD ones.

More
31 Jan 2018 12:11 #189012 by furo
Replied by furo on topic Steering bar?
Hi bud,

I just replaced mine and you can have the old for free BUT be aware it is rusty. It has been rustproofed with dinitrol but could do with being wirebrushed and repainted.

2004 Jimny Mode: General Grabber AT3s (215/75/R15); Trailmaster 2" Lift; Jimnybits Snorkel; Jimnybits Front and Rear Recovery Points; Suntop Roof Rack; AVM Manual Hubs; Stainless Steel Exhaust System (SOLD)

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds