BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

My first Jimny

• Curveking
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jul 2019 07:57 #211302 by Curveking
My first Jimny was created by Curveking
I have just bought myself a 1999 Jimny H/Top. Its 20 years old so not only do I benefit from the slightly lower road tax. But I also benefit from lower insurance quotes.
Anyway its a 1999 Jimny with 50k miles a real gem of a car. The first owner having the car for 17 years and averaging 2.5k per year, all backed up by the MOT history. The second owner was a trader who owned the car for a short time, and then the third owner used the car for 2 1/2 years.

I'm pretty sure it's one of the oldest and most original Jimnys in the UK.

with the tyres at 32psi I am averaging a genuine 37 mpg with motorway use or 33 mpg on normal roads.

I have just ordered a set of Yokohama Geolanders (5) in preparation for a trip to Morocco in February. I will let you know mpg then.

Anyway its nice to join the group.

Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2019 08:16 #211304 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic My first Jimny
Hi Simon and welcome.
Sounds like a good one, hope you enjoy, looks like you have road trip plans already.
How is the ride?
Have you tried a lower pressure, say 26 psi, the Jimny's ride and handling can better at a lower psi.
Have a try.
Have fun
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
20 Jul 2019 10:23 #211309 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic My first Jimny
Welcome along!

Yes, your tyre pressures are way too high. They should be 26 psi as per the sticker in the driver's door shut.

Get some pictures up for us as we all love pictures! Mine are all on Imgur and I just paste a link code into my threads.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
20 Jul 2019 19:52 #211330 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic My first Jimny
Hello and welcome, it sounds like you got a good buy there, really low mileage for its age. Enjoy.

More
21 Jul 2019 04:49 #211342 by Themooingman
Replied by Themooingman on topic My first Jimny
Hi and welcome. Enjoy the car

2019 Gen 4 Jimny SZ5 in Silky Silver. Parking sensors and Rear Camera, floor mats pack and Rigid tyre Cover

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
21 Jul 2019 05:32 #211347 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic My first Jimny
Welcome to the forum.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
21 Jul 2019 06:18 #211349 by Reason2doubt
Replied by Reason2doubt on topic My first Jimny
Welcome to the forum!

I've recently purchased a 1999 Jim with 52k on the clock! But it's somewhat modified now! :whistle:

Be great to see some photos of yours!

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds