BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:Andy's 2019 Blue SZ5

More
05 Jul 2020 17:24 - 05 Jul 2020 17:26 #224547 by Reason2doubt
Hi Andy,

Great job on the soundproofing installation.

Another vote of confidence from me on this one. I did it on my gen3 not too long ago which made a fair old difference. I didn't have any carpets to begin with though due to the original carpet being so dirty and marked I threw it away. I decided I wanted the car longer term so found a new carpet and in preparation for it decided to soundproof the whole inside. It's great - works really well but as you say, expectations should be kept in check - they are generally noisy cars (at high rpm, with knobbly tyres, with snorkel, air noise from roof rack etc..).

Here is what I did:

I do plan on taking the headliner out one day as I have a box of soundproofing left to cover the inner roof. I won't be adding in any foam on the bottom of the car (floor/sides), but I would be adding it on the roof potentially...you couldn't throw a link over for the stuff you are using, could you? Always nice to have a recommendation than relying on mixed reviews.
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Jul 2020 17:26 by Reason2doubt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Jul 2020 22:50 #224565 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Re:Andy's 2019 Blue SZ5

Reason2doubt wrote: Hi Andy,

Great job on the soundproofing installation.

Another vote of confidence from me on this one. I did it on my gen3 not too long ago which made a fair old difference. I didn't have any carpets to begin with though due to the original carpet being so dirty and marked I threw it away. I decided I wanted the car longer term so found a new carpet and in preparation for it decided to soundproof the whole inside. It's great - works really well but as you say, expectations should be kept in check - they are generally noisy cars (at high rpm, with knobbly tyres, with snorkel, air noise from roof rack etc..).

Here is what I did:

I do plan on taking the headliner out one day as I have a box of soundproofing left to cover the inner roof. I won't be adding in any foam on the bottom of the car (floor/sides), but I would be adding it on the roof potentially...you couldn't throw a link over for the stuff you are using, could you? Always nice to have a recommendation than relying on mixed reviews.

Hya R2D,

Thanks for the good vibes dude!

Youve made a cracking job of that bud, really looking good that. I tell ye what, one things for sure, 65% complete so far, but boy oh boy is the sound system perked up!! Like being in a closed music studio, its stunning what 8mm amd 4mm closed cell foam can do for inside sound, simply night n day difference. Really looking forward to hearing it once the roofs lined and yhe floor covered in MLV.

Anyways, ad requested here are the goodies. Highly recommended this stuff.

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01BKKZ1AM/ref=cm_sw..._apa_i_3CLaFbFH0T0HS

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07TKXMPH7/ref=cm_sw..._apa_i_pJLaFb5SXXXSF

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072R5CJ7J/ref=cm_sw..._apa_i_VJLaFbTG5P6VA

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B084242RLX/ref=cm_sw..._apa_i_kKLaFbH4NHPF1

More
  • Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Nov 2020 19:52 - 01 Nov 2020 20:24 #229616 by Andy2640
Hi guys,Its been a while, but thought id nip in and share my changes with ya'll. Ive also got a new FB page, under "Suzuki JB74 modifications.Anyways, theres been a few mods. New 16 alloys and BFG 215/70/16OME LiftAnd new spare on back.Also modded my front bumper to accept the winch without the bumper bowing. All good now.Lockers in rear next!Here is zooky! Without lift top picture, and with OME installed below, hehehe.
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Nov 2020 20:24 by Andy2640.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
02 Nov 2020 04:18 #229618 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:Andy's 2019 Blue SZ5
Looking well! What are the wheels off/from?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640

More
02 Nov 2020 09:35 #229620 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Re:Andy's 2019 Blue SZ5
Nice one Andy. All the mods are integrated very well, one nice looking Jimny.
Have you changed your Surname to Jimny ? That's commitment for you! :laugh:

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Nov 2020 13:30 - 02 Nov 2020 13:33 #229621 by Andy2640
Hello again Lambert, good to be back. Hope your well buddy. Yeah, so the wheels are from Jimnystyle, there called XJ03 extream in -5 offset. I like them for a few reasons, there fairly light at 9 kgs each, there fairly deep dished so rocks and other stuff cant damage them as easily as stock, and i like the shape of the spokes. The jimny is a very boxy looking vehicle, so a bit of spherical works well i reckon. They also predude out just right so the -5 offset brings the wheel and tyre out just enough to remain under the arches. In fact they are perfectly alighned with the arches, Ohh and they aint mega bucks, so overall im well chuffed with them.

Driving around, I still havnt seen many other gen 4's, and only 1 jimny in blue seen!! Unreal.
Last edit: 02 Nov 2020 13:33 by Andy2640.

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Nov 2020 13:51 #229622 by Andy2640

Scimike wrote: Nice one Andy. All the mods are integrated very well, one nice looking Jimny.
Have you changed your Surname to Jimny ? That's commitment for you! :laugh:

Hahahhaha!! Indeed your right Scimike!! Just gotta finalise things at a depil station, and it will be my official surname. Its funny because i never used to like the name 'Jimny'. Before i bought the car i was jesting on this forum about changing the badge to 'Samurai'. However, after falling in love with the jimny, now named "Zooky" I became very attached to the car in a way ive never felt before, and the name jimny started to become irrelavant in terms of me disliking it. Sounds utterly rediculous i know, but i started to become proud of the jimny name. So much so i tagged myself as AndyJimny. It was a case of my heart over ruling my head.

:laugh: :cheer: :cheer: :laugh: :cheer: :laugh: :laugh:

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
02 Nov 2020 17:21 #229628 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:Andy's 2019 Blue SZ5

Andy2640 wrote: Hello again Lambert, good to be back. Hope your well buddy. Yeah, so the wheels are from Jimnystyle, there called XJ03 extream in -5 offset. I like them for a few reasons, there fairly light at 9 kgs each, there fairly deep dished so rocks and other stuff cant damage them as easily as stock, and i like the shape of the spokes. The jimny is a very boxy looking vehicle, so a bit of spherical works well i reckon. They also predude out just right so the -5 offset brings the wheel and tyre out just enough to remain under the arches. In fact they are perfectly alighned with the arches, Ohh and they aint mega bucks, so overall im well chuffed with them.

Driving around, I still havnt seen many other gen 4's, and only 1 jimny in blue seen!! Unreal.

Nice one, cheers buddy.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
03 Nov 2020 15:38 #229646 by Roger Fairclough
Hi Andy,

I like your SZ5 badge and reckon it would look good on my black motor so could you please point me in the direction of where you got it?
Cheers.

Roger

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Nov 2020 18:38 #229654 by Andy2640

Roger Fairclough wrote: Hi Andy,

I like your SZ5 badge and reckon it would look good on my black motor so could you please point me in the direction of where you got it?
Cheers.

Roger

www.suzuki-shop.co.uk/SZ-Badges--Choice-SZ4SZ5

Here you go buddy!!

More
03 Nov 2020 21:12 #229660 by Roger Fairclough
Cheers Andy, badge on order.

Roger

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds