BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:Andy's 2019 Blue SZ5

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Apr 2019 17:55 #206926 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Andy's 2019 Blue SZ5
Ok, ive just swaped out my vw polo 2016 1.2 for this naughty little growler.

I got to say right off the bat, This thing has blown my fricken mind!! This isnt new toy praise either, anyone who has read my google reviews would know this of me.

The ride and handling is sweet. Wtf is this twitchy stuff, the massive lean, and slow, hell no! Its a 4x4, why would i want it any quicker.

Doing 60mph on motorway, it was not loud at all, at 65mph, still not loud in my book. Didnt push her any more, breaking her in (excuse my vulgarity).

Feels like im driving a much bigger more powerful 4x4, feels a beast and sounds growly and mean and gargling with nails, I LOVE it.

More to come, im so ruddy over the moon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2019 19:41 #206942 by stiffsteve204me
So glad that you finally got it, Andy.:woohoo:

I'm sure that you will give us regular updates, and so you should! :)

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Apr 2019 06:05 #206951 by Andy2640
Thanks everyone for your kind replies. Its a really friendly forum, with healthy banter, its ace ;-)

So i took little monster out for a 20 mins ride this morning. But before i did, i checked under the bonnet. To my surprise there was water in the screen wash. Siphoned 50% out and added screen wash (-7 stuff).

The headlight washers dont seem to be working. I pressed the button on the right in the cabin, but nowt happens, wondering if i'm missing something.

The owners manual is very repetitive and dreary, although in crucial areas it covers a lot of information, which is nice.

The jim feels so high up, its really weird (in a good way) stepping into this from a low down road car.

Anyways...... cheers!

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
30 Apr 2019 06:14 #206952 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Andy's 2019 Blue SZ5
It's certainly better for your back not clambering up and down out of a car car. My mates Mercedes is a proper heavy lifting operation to get out of!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
30 Apr 2019 06:29 #206955 by Bill Portland
Replied by Bill Portland on topic Andy's 2019 Blue SZ5
I haven't read the book or tried mine yet but in my experience on other cars, the headlight washers operate after so many (10 or so) operations of the windscreen washers.

Have you driven at night yet? Like others, I am most impressed by the headlights, and the efficient operation of the auto dip feature.

More
30 Apr 2019 06:30 #206956 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Andy's 2019 Blue SZ5
The Headlights have to be switched on for the washers to work. No point cleaning them if not in use ;)

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Apr 2019 07:06 #206959 by Andy2640

Bill Portland wrote: I haven't read the book or tried mine yet but in my experience on other cars, the headlight washers operate after so many (10 or so) operations of the windscreen washers.

Have you driven at night yet? Like others, I am most impressed by the headlights, and the efficient operation of the auto dip feature.

Naa, not driven at night yet. Looking forward to trying it out tonight. I was so nervous driving back from the dealers, and even this morning a car behind was right up my chuffer, when i looked in the mirror at them, it was a couple having a row, needles to say i veered off the road as soon as i could. Dangerous buggers they were ;-)

Soeley: Ahaa....yes that makes sense. I'll bang the lights on and try em now. Cheers.

More
30 Apr 2019 07:19 #206960 by stiffsteve204me

Soeley wrote: The Headlights have to be switched on for the washers to work. No point cleaning them if not in use ;)

^^^ This ^^^

Headlights on, and washes operated every fifth time the screen washers were switched on, IIR. That was on my Yeti.

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

More
30 Apr 2019 07:21 #206961 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Andy's 2019 Blue SZ5

Bill Portland wrote: I haven't read the book or tried mine yet but in my experience on other cars, the headlight washers operate after so many (10 or so) operations of the windscreen washers.

Yes they also come on with windscreen washer at various intervals, but again only if lights are on.

• Guy 2
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Apr 2019 10:44 #206966 by Guy 2
Replied by Guy 2 on topic Andy's 2019 Blue SZ5
Hi Andy - sorry I'm late to the party (been on holiday).

The 'New Blue' looks fantastic, and even better with the Toyos.

You'll be afraid to get it/them muddy! (But you'll have to do that eventually to keep Lambert appeased.)

Have a great time enjoying your new Jimny.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
30 Apr 2019 12:59 #206976 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Andy's 2019 Blue SZ5
I am not a God that needs to be appeased!

Although. Saying that out loud it does have a certain ring to it! MWHAHAHAHAHAHA! COWER BRIEF MORTALS!!

Erm I can't seem to find my pills? :laugh:

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Apr 2019 13:43 #206979 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Andy's 2019 Blue SZ5
Looking good
Did they set them at the right pressures?

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds