BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:Gadget's 2019 hearing aid SZ5

More
23 Jan 2019 17:39 #201521 by Gadget
Collected my SZ5 in Ivory hearing aid beige today!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Foxtrot, Bill Portland

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
23 Jan 2019 17:56 #201525 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Gadget's 2019 hearing aid SZ5
That colour suits it well, goes with the SJ-esque styling nicely B)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
23 Jan 2019 17:57 #201526 by Lambert
Looks cream in those pictures! Very nice.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
23 Jan 2019 18:22 #201531 by adrianr

More
23 Jan 2019 18:24 #201532 by Max Headroom
I like it in that colour!! :woohoo:

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

• lee1980
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jan 2019 18:51 #201535 by lee1980
Replied by lee1980 on topic Gadget's 2019 hearing aid SZ5
My first colour choice for SZ5 to, though my hearing aids are black/very dark grey!! Lol

More
23 Jan 2019 19:18 #201543 by Gadget
I've done about 60 miles so far, most of it with a grin on my face. It's so much fun to drive, rolling through corners like a 2CV, shimmying over bumps and doing it all while looking like the cheekiest little car you've ever seen. There is zero chance of anyone feeling intimidated by this car, it's like a puppy. I love it!

My worries about the auto box making it rev too high at motorway speeds have been unfounded. It pulls about 3400rpm at 70mph, which although a bit busy, is tolerable. At 60mph it runs at a more civilised 2800rpm. Showing an average of 38mpg so far on a mix of suburban streets and 'A' roads, so actually better than my Skoda was.

A minor annoyance with the auto - the gear selector isn't illuminated, so at night you have to judge the position of the gear lever by the number of clonks as you shift, when parking etc. Bit of an oversight considering my 1988 Renault 5 had that bit illuminated!

As expected, there's loads of body roll and the steering needs a fair bit of arm twirling to go from lock to lock (mind your elbow on the door trim, ow!), but it goes/stops/turns just like an average car from the 1990s, no drama. Don't treat it like a hot hatch and try to blast around a corner at speed otherwise it's change of pants time as it does feel like it could fling itself into a hedge!

Although slow on paper, it's quite sprightly off the line with the auto box. No opportunities to bog down or fluff a gear change, just point and squirt. The auto box does hunt a little bit around town, but not to the extent that it becomes annoying. It's quick to kick down, at which point it all gets a lot more noisy and slightly faster. Visibility is outstanding. Loads of big windows gives you a proper 360 degree view.

Interior comfort is good, front seats would benefit from a bit more support under the thighs but all fine other than that. Kept me nice and toasty inside on a freezing day. The infotainment is better than expected, plenty loud enough to drown out the engine, Bluetooth paired easily and the touchscreen volume control annoyed me less than I thought it would.

With the driver seat setup for me (5ft10") there's plenty of room for someone my size to sit in the seat behind, with a couple of inches of knee room spare. I do wish the front seats could remember the position of the backrest when you return them to position though, as you need to adjust it everytime you move to let someone into the back.

Boot space with the rear seats in the most reclined position is laughable. A couple of small carrier bags of shopping at most. But there's a useful size cubby box below that, where my towbar is stashed, and the wheelbrace and jack below that. Flap the rear seats down and there's plenty of space to carry stuff, although it will then slide all over the place on the hard plastic seat backs - rubber load mat is nice and prevents that.

Overall it's exactly what I expected and wanted. The colour still takes me by surprise each time I see it, as there doesn't seem to be anything else like it around. I've not yet seen another one on the road, so feels nice being a bit exclusive for a change and other people seem fascinated by it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: facade, Bill Portland

More
23 Jan 2019 19:40 #201545 by Soeley
Very nice, the Ivory is the only colour I've not seen in the flesh, but looks good in the pictures.

• cyberdriver
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jan 2019 20:29 #201559 by cyberdriver
Replied by cyberdriver on topic Gadget's 2019 hearing aid SZ5
Seems like a retro colour and a retro number plate too - both really suit the car! Are you thinking of trimming it down, or not legal in the UK?

More
23 Jan 2019 20:45 #201561 by Scimike
I came here thinking Suzuki had added another gizmo to the new Jimny that synchronised to hearing aids.....T loop. Disappointed and pleased at the same time :laugh:

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
23 Jan 2019 20:49 #201562 by Gadget

cyberdriver wrote: Seems like a retro colour and a retro number plate too - both really suit the car! Are you thinking of trimming it down, or not legal in the UK?

I wish that was my numberplate! Just a normal plate that I edited to keep it vaguely anonymous. I've toyed with the idea of getting a dateless plate, but can't decide if they're naff or cool? :huh:

More
23 Jan 2019 21:26 #201569 by Bob1050
All depends if you like a degree of anonymity or enjoy folk saying to you "I saw your car parked up at the ASDA last Thursday"?

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds