BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Daz's 2019 SZ4

• Cremator1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Jan 2019 17:25 #201761 by Cremator1
Replied by Cremator1 on topic Daz's 2019 SZ4
Hi ya what size was the rear caps you bought please many thanks dawn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daz3031
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Jan 2019 18:17 #201766 by Daz3031
Replied by Daz3031 on topic Daz's 2019 SZ4

Cremator1 wrote: Hi ya what size was the rear caps you bought please many thanks dawn

110mm centre bore caps.

• Cremator1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Jan 2019 18:58 #201770 by Cremator1
Replied by Cremator1 on topic Daz's 2019 SZ4
Hi yes sorry read back through the thread a saw it thank u

More
27 Jan 2019 10:54 #201824 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Daz's 2019 SZ4
Daz, any noticeable difference in ride quality with the new tyres? Wondering if the move from 96 to 100 load rating has made things harsher/more bouncy?

• Daz3031
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jan 2019 14:00 #201845 by Daz3031

Gadget wrote: Daz, any noticeable difference in ride quality with the new tyres? Wondering if the move from 96 to 100 load rating has made things harsher/more bouncy?

There's certainly a noticeable difference going from the standard tyres to the at3s. It's a bit bouncier but not too bad and certainly a lot better since i dropped the pressures to around 24 psi. The garage had put them at 30psi despite me telling them what pressure I wanted...

I certainly don't regret my choice of tyre or size. Got the 4 tyres for £305 using a voucher on eBay.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jan 2019 14:28 #201848 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Daz's 2019 SZ4

Daz3031 wrote:

Gadget wrote: Daz, any noticeable difference in ride quality with the new tyres? Wondering if the move from 96 to 100 load rating has made things harsher/more bouncy?

There's certainly a noticeable difference going from the standard tyres to the at3s. It's a bit bouncier but not too bad and certainly a lot better since i dropped the pressures to around 24 psi. The garage had put them at 30psi despite me telling them what pressure I wanted...

I certainly don't regret my choice of tyre or size. Got the 4 tyres for £305 using a voucher on eBay.

Hya, how about fuel consumption?

Thanks.

• Daz3031
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jan 2019 14:41 #201849 by Daz3031
I can't really comment on fuel economy since I only did around 30 miles on the standard wheels before I put the new ones on. I haven't even used a full tank of fuel yet.

The new wheel and tyre combination certainly weighs quite a bit more so I'm sure the additional unsprung mass will effect economy a bit. There's always going to be compromises running AT tyres on the road.

• Daz3031
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2019 13:24 #202096 by Daz3031
Had more snow today than last time and very happy with the performance of my Jimny and the at3 tyres. Drove up snow covered hills that others couldn't get up without any issues. Not even the slightest wheel spin.

I also found an empty car park than had been ploughed and had big snow banks to play on! I was too busy having fun to take photos but I took a photo once i got home - quite a lot of slush thrown up from the front wheels on to the rear arches! To mudflap or not to mudflap, that is the question?! I quite like the slush spattered look!
Attachments:

• Venter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2019 13:59 #202100 by Venter
Replied by Venter on topic Daz's 2019 SZ4
Daz, those tyres you've put on make a huge improvement to the overall look / presence of the car, even at just 215/75/15.

Much like the version it replaced, this Jimny has a tendency to look like a 'hairdresser car' (think Audi TT v1, etc) with the stock tyres fitted, definitely not what you're wanting (unless you're a hairdresser :P )

You think you'll fit another size up without any chopping (235/75/15)?

More
30 Jan 2019 14:26 #202103 by saxj
Replied by saxj on topic Daz's 2019 SZ4

Daz3031 wrote: Had more snow today than last time and very happy with the performance of my Jimny and the at3 tyres. Drove up snow covered hills that others couldn't get up without any issues. Not even the slightest wheel spin.

I also found an empty car park than had been ploughed and had big snow banks to play on! I was too busy having fun to take photos but I took a photo once i got home - quite a lot of slush thrown up from the front wheels on to the rear arches! To mudflap or not to mudflap, that is the question?! I quite like the slush spattered look!

I had the Suzuki mud flaps fitted (Red ones for the looks), they make no difference at all to the splatter on the rear arches.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2019 15:35 - 30 Jan 2019 16:26 #202105 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Daz's 2019 SZ4

saxj wrote:

Daz3031 wrote: Had more snow today than last time and very happy with the performance of my Jimny and the at3 tyres. Drove up snow covered hills that others couldn't get up without any issues. Not even the slightest wheel spin.

I had the Suzuki mud flaps fitted (Red ones for the looks), they make no difference at all to the splatter on the rear arches.

Yeah i thought they would be limited in there crud deflection. There a tad on the small side. Especially if we're going for the 215 tyres.

They Look good though ;-)
Last edit: 30 Jan 2019 16:26 by Lambert. Reason: Swearing. Please remember this is a family friendly forum.

• Daz3031
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2019 18:08 #202125 by Daz3031

Venter wrote: Daz, those tyres you've put on make a huge improvement to the overall look / presence of the car, even at just 215/75/15.

Much like the version it replaced, this Jimny has a tendency to look like a 'hairdresser car' (think Audi TT v1, etc) with the stock tyres fitted, definitely not what you're wanting (unless you're a hairdresser :P )

You think you'll fit another size up without any chopping (235/75/15)?

I fully agree that it needs chunkier tyres to improve the look hence when I changed them the day I collected it.

There's still room to spare with 215/75r15 tyres so bigger might fit. I think someone (possibly saxj) has already said 235/75r15 is the biggest you can go without lifting.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds