BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:My 01 Jimny, another Norwegian

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 May 2018 17:43 #192630 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic Re:My 01 Jimny, another Norwegian

Cam ring on the 1.6 cam, fingers crosses that its acurate.

Plugged up with sealant

Sensor cap on and sealed

Water pipe with the bracket from Zukparts kit.

Engine mount on and radiator hose

Tomorrows issue, chopping off the top of the power steering tensioner bracket. I will try to maybe weld it on lower so I can use the hole to fit one bolt.

Power steering pump bolted on, these spacers were actually meant for the left engine mount. But mine bolted right on, and the power steering pump did not so I used them there instead.

Coil packs on, all from the G13BB.

G13BB dip stick

Alternator on, all brackets from G13BB.

Zukparts kit includes a fitting instruction also. Its not always correct, depends on the donor engine, but a good guide to have and a nice check list.

Tomorrow I have to get it in so I can get to work on monday :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• muto
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 May 2018 20:36 #192635 by muto
Replied by muto on topic Re:My 01 Jimny, another Norwegian
that is crazy... amazing work and greetings from finland!

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 May 2018 12:21 #192647 by MadsV

Took the EGR off and filled it with brake cleaner, cleaned out all I could reach. Same with the pipe

Green injectors in.

PS tensioner bracket chopped

Checking how much I have to grind

Adapter plate fitted gearbox

Engine is ready!

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 May 2018 18:28 #192660 by MadsV

Engine is in and running. Have to sort out a leakage from the blanking plate on the rear og the head!

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 May 2018 08:41 #192675 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Re:My 01 Jimny, another Norwegian
great work..... you don't hang about

More
16 May 2018 05:48 #192739 by yakuza

MadsV wrote: Here are the two sumps, you can see that the small baleno one is wider than the jimny one. Cutting and welding them tomorrow! Hoping to maybe get it in the engine bay when saturday is over

I think you chose well to not follow the instructions and weld the narrow 1.3 oil pick up tube to the wider 1.6 suction tube.
With half the diameter the area is allmost three times as big and trying to pull oil thru there means the oil must go at three times the speed in the narrow suction pipe. And that cannot be smart in my opinion. There will be a very high risk of getting foam in the oil or pressure drop.
However many have done so and that seems to work fine but i think it looks like crap :)

Must be a lot better to have the wider suction pipe like you do, and just like the original 1.6

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 May 2018 22:16 #192761 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic My 01 Jimny, another Norwegian
No I just cut it slightly over the narrow part, the dimension on the pick up tubes were the same.
Anyways the engine runs great, no problem with ignition after the cam ring swap. Its easier to hold higher speed, and it has greater torque.
It makes a different noise when i crank the engine, but starts just fine so. Also i forgot to tighten the oil filter, so I filled my driveway at home with some litres oil :lol:
It has a small exhaust leak somewhere, have to adjust the exhaust after making the bump in the downpipe.

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 May 2018 16:01 #192980 by MadsV
Been driving for two weeks now, everything is still ok. Think the gas/mileage is down a bit also!
A friend of mine built me this small box

A nice little compartment

Going to fit a fire extinguisher some place also

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
27 May 2018 16:33 #192982 by Riccy
Very tidy addition :-)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
29 May 2018 06:05 - 29 May 2018 06:06 #193014 by yakuza
That compartment is a great mod! I am definitely doing that to mine as well.
The dogs will love to have a larger flat space back there too. Now the larger one sits on the first floor while the smaller one lays in the basement. They are 44 and 60 kg so they really need the extra comfort.

Built from wood?

I placed my fire extinguisher in the pocket in the rear side panel.
Clas Ohlson (Norway) has one with a strap and a bracket that fits nicely.
edit: www.clasohlson.com/no/Housegard-brannslukker-2-kg-/34-155-2'

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 29 May 2018 06:06 by yakuza.

• MadsV
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 May 2018 06:13 #193016 by MadsV
Yes from wood, just a frame in the bottom and a lid :) I’ll check that fire instinguisher out, was looking a one 1kg at Jula, maybe thats small

More
29 May 2018 10:31 #193025 by yakuza
I think you will need two kg's to pass technical checks at most offroad events. (In Norway)
the clas ohlson is not the cheapest one, but i like the strap and it lookes tidy mounted in the pocket.
I do not want it to fly around inside the car if i get into a crash.

I have put out a fire in a car once with a two kg extinguisher. Considering the age of the car it was maybe a stupid thing to do, we probably should have let it burn even though it was a Ford Granada (jada, ekje noke Lada).
But I needed the two kg's as the fire started up again a couple of times until we got the battery unhooked.
And if your fire is inside the car you should empty as much powder inside the dash as possible to be sure your insurance company will wreck the car instead of fixing it. Make sure your insurance have fire coverage of course.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds