BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Newbie post. Just aquired my first Jimny

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
29 Jan 2017 07:54 #177460 by Riccy
i have 2" suspension as well as 2" body and didnt need the steering spacers i bought in the end, was advised that it was 'maybe' needed so bought them just in case. Jimnybits offered for me to return them if not needed if that helps.

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DINGLE287
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Jan 2017 20:01 #177494 by DINGLE287
Replied by DINGLE287 on topic Re:Newbie post. Just aquired my first Jimny
Thanks lads. Looks like it's a suck it and see procedure then eh, I don't mind a bit of trial and error, just trying to find out as much as I can so I'm prepared for most hurdles once I start. I'm aiming for 2" inch body and susp lift as they are the most possible without further expensive mods. I didn't think the susp lift effected the steering column at all though wilku? And after considering what you said about not using extended shock brackets with lift springs. Do you think they Would work with extended bump stops to limit the travel? The main thing putting me off spring spacers is using my 15 year old worn out standard springs. Obviously at later date I could change the shocks then for some good quality ones and remove the bump stops if needed.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• DINGLE287
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Feb 2017 23:11 #177963 by DINGLE287
Well not much progress on the lift and mods as yet. But I've got my hands on some 7j wheels with some tired but usable 225.75.15 AT's on. And apart from slight rubbing on lock they fit ok. But they brought with them a death wobble which is probably down to bad balancing or a slightly mishaped tyre as they were sat deflated on a vehicle for a while. After a few outings on muddy lanes and shallow ford's both before and after I have noticed quite an improvement with grip.
Unfortunately on the way home after a ride around this afternoon the battery light came on, so it looks like the alternator maybe poorly, before I start to tinker are there any common wiring trouble spots or issues that would cause this or is it most likely the actual alternator? I will check charging as soon as I have chance

• DINGLE287
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Mar 2017 02:12 #179445 by DINGLE287
Not much progress done on modifications lately, but I have been adding some mud to the old girl, the more I play in it the more it impresses me for standard setup. Can't wait to get around to lifting it

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds