BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Hannah's Jimny

• hannah-jg
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jan 2016 14:58 - 10 Jun 2016 12:36 #159591 by hannah-jg
Hannah's Jimny was created by hannah-jg
Hi all,

I've replied to a couple of topics on here, but never actually introduced myself. So - I'm Hannah, and I bought my first Jimny ("Rocky") just over a year ago. I absolutely love him!

I have no mechanical knowledge what-so-ever, but with the help of my wonderful boyfriend (Harry - he has a modified Jimny and TD5 Defender) and his Dad, I'm hopefully going to learn a few things along the way!
Rocky was completely standard when I got him - since, I've added (with the massive help of Harry and his Dad), a chrome grill (because bling seemed to suit), larger tyres (215/75/15 General Grabbers), spot lights (which will be replaced with LEDs and wired up) and a CB. I'm also hoping to update the stereo.

I have absolutely no experience of off-roading at all, apart from Harry letting me drive his defender down the occasional greenlane (he trusts me too much). As Rocky is my daily driver, which includes motorway driving to and from uni, as well as the fact that I don't have the funds to put anything right if I mess up, he'll probably be more of a 'poser' than an actual off-roader! I may venture to a tame greenlane. We'll see.

Many of you are possibly questioning my choice of car based on this- my answer would purely be that I love them. I grew up around a Land Rover Series 3 and a SJ - and never wanted anything different! Plus - I don't feel the need to go fast anywhere ;)

So - although I won't be able to contribute much on here, I thought I'd show off my wee Rocky anyway, and I love looking at all the fine machines all you guys are building! Maybe one day ;)

So, here's a photo of my Rocky:

Cheers!
Last edit: 10 Jun 2016 12:36 by hannah-jg.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jan 2016 15:06 - 03 Jan 2016 15:09 #159593 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Hannah's Jimny
Welcome to the forum very nice jimny :)
Doesn't matter what you do or dont do with your jimny it's yours!! :) And carry on enjoying it just share a few photos on days out and little mods along the way that might be useful to others

Happy days
Last edit: 03 Jan 2016 15:09 by Daniel30. Reason: Ad

More
03 Jan 2016 15:41 - 03 Jan 2016 15:42 #159604 by gusthegorilla
Replied by gusthegorilla on topic Hannah's Jimny
Big welcome, Hannah....this is the best Forum on the planet ;)

Doesn't matter what folks think of your choice.... as Daniel says, it's yours.

I have a Grand Cherokee and two Jimnys...guess which I prefer being in. :whistle:

Photos are the law, by the way !!!!!!!!!!!

I'm planning to live forever.....so far, so good !!
Last edit: 03 Jan 2016 15:42 by gusthegorilla.

• hannah-jg
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jan 2016 18:48 #159649 by hannah-jg
Replied by hannah-jg on topic Hannah's Jimny
Thanks for the lovely welcome!
I'll take photos of anything I do, I'm very excited about the new spotlights!

More
03 Jan 2016 21:16 #159658 by Basketcase
Replied by Basketcase on topic Hannah's Jimny
You'll be surprised at how far the Jimny can go on the setup you have him at now and how much less it breaks bits doing it compared with the defender :) it does look like a nice Jimny tho

More
03 Jan 2016 21:34 #159659 by Keithy
Replied by Keithy on topic Hannah's Jimny
I think all Harry needs is a snorkel and he's ready for anything!

Welcome along Hanna

• hannah-jg
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jan 2016 21:49 #159660 by hannah-jg

Basketcase wrote: You'll be surprised at how far the Jimny can go on the setup you have him at now and how much less it breaks bits doing it compared with the defender :) it does look like a nice Jimny tho

Yeah, many have tried to convince me that it's very capable already, and I'm sure it is... but with me as the pilot, maybe not so much! It passed the MOT with no advisories in November (after a lot of work from my boyfriend and his Dad, including replacement of leaky shock absorbers), so I'm very pleased with it! The only 'fault' is a ABS light which likes to come on, but we think it's due to a faulty connection somewhere, or a damaged sensor.

• hannah-jg
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jan 2016 21:51 #159661 by hannah-jg

Keithy wrote: I think all Harry needs is a snorkel and he's ready for anything!

Welcome along Hanna

Hahah Harry is my boyfriend! Rocky is the Jimny ;) I did wonder about a snorkel, but was thinking that it may look a bit silly having one on a near-standard Jimny?

• Dean
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jan 2016 22:00 #159662 by Dean
Replied by Dean on topic Re:Hannah's Jimny
For what it's worth mine is near standard with a snorkel and I've had the last laugh this week when all the roads out of my town were flooded, water was over the headlights and i just sailed through excuse the pun

More
04 Jan 2016 07:44 #159675 by skywalker65
Replied by skywalker65 on topic Hannah's Jimny
A very warm welcome Hannah :)
I joined early this year and it's a brilliant forum and everyone is so helpful .
Enjoy your Jimny, I love mine.
In fact my little BMW has got the mump on cos I love the Jimny lol

If in doubt ...... Flat out ??

• Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jan 2016 09:31 - 04 Jan 2016 09:47 #159681 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic Hannah's Jimny
Welcome our fine forum Hannah, it's good to have you join us ................ ;)
Last edit: 04 Jan 2016 09:47 by Tadpole.

More
04 Jan 2016 09:50 #159686 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Hannah's Jimny
Welcome along!

Nice to have you on here!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds