× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Gaz's reasonably priced jimny..

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Feb 2013 19:33 #61166 by gaz3359
Replied by gaz3359 on topic Gaz's jimny on a shoe string
Cheers everyone,once the weather is a bit better i intend to flattern and polish the paint should make it look a bit better,managed to get the front extended hoses on today no probs the rear is siezed so i will cut it and re-flair it tomorrow when im at work,goodness knows on the diff clearance ?? That was on a level ground just stuck the tape measure in came in a smidge under 9",im running sahara mud tyres ad they have about 15mm of tread so must be that.been using the jimny today and know i need to do some trimming as they catch a bit.happy with lift and tyres so far,wheels need a balance and hopefully get my breathers on next.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jimnycricket
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Feb 2013 08:25 #61268 by jimnycricket
Replied by jimnycricket on topic Gaz's jimny on a shoe string

iloveics wrote: Nice work! how on earth have you got 9 inches of ground clearance!!!
according to a tyre size tool, total size of yours is 693mm and my tyres (215/75r15) are 703mm, but i have exactly 8 inches off diff clearance!!
maybe its the chunky tread?

not sure what your tyres are but INSA TURBO tyres are oversized a inch taller than Kumho KL71 for example
thats maybe how he has more clearance

• iloveics
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Feb 2013 18:50 #61339 by iloveics
Replied by iloveics on topic Gaz's jimny on a shoe string
That would probably explain it haha, i've got BFG all - terrains

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Feb 2013 19:43 #61361 by gaz3359
Few jobs today,got the oil and filter done,all the wheels balanced,rear extended hose on,front anti-roll bar removed,got a spare used mud tyre off a friend so put that on a spare jimny wheel will do to put in the back for when im out,checked all the transmission fluid levels all ok barr the front diff oil that looks like melted chocolate,that will get changed in the next day or so others will get done at some point when im a bit more flush,as im skint at the mo and have a couple of birthdays and a leaving doo for a mate to go to.didnt get a start on my extended breathers the ones on the transfere and gearbox look a right pain :( couple of pics thanks for looking.

• nezzy55
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Feb 2013 10:59 #61452 by nezzy55
Replied by nezzy55 on topic Gaz's jimny on a shoe string
Looking good mate you happy with the wheels and tyres? And how they sit?

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Feb 2013 19:06 #61512 by gaz3359
Yea their great,just need to do a bit of trimming to the arches then want to try them out in the mud.

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Feb 2013 19:40 - 20 Feb 2013 19:41 #63401 by gaz3359
few updates

bought this for a home made snorkel havnt made a start yet but its there anyway

Diff oil's i knew the front needed changing when i checked the level but didnt think it was going to be as bad as this :( half a pint of clean water came out before this mess,i filled the diff with clean engine oil and went for a lap around the block in 4wd dropped that which cleaned it out then refilled with correct oil diff much quieter.did the rear aswell although that was quite clean.

My mate managed to fab me some bits for recovery points,pretty simple really used box section the slid into the chassis rails and then a piece of 6mm plate with holes in the end for shackels.simple but effective,after a bit of grinding drilling tweaking and paint there all fitted.should have got more photos but my phone is on the blink at mo and the camera works when it wants.

17th feb had a pop up pea farm with a couple of pals,didnt take the jim,went in the sj which ive just helped me mate convert from a 1.3 carb to a spi 1.6 out of a vit goes well,also me mate with a fourtrak that has just been built out of 3 trucks,that thing is huge.couple of pics

had a pop up cleadon hills the other day to walk the dog and thought id try out a bit of twist,more than please with the angle for a cheap spring spacer lift kit arb removed and extended hoses,had to trim a bit more arch liner out after,although i had them nie on spot on.chuffed

Painted the recovery points white so you can see them so you dont give yourself a dead knee also started my wood floor in the boot got this to finish in the morn but should look like this done.friday im doing my breathers for the diffs and gearbox and also changing the gearbox oil and trans box oil cheers again !

Last edit: 20 Feb 2013 19:41 by gaz3359.

• Dan_w
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Feb 2013 23:48 #63478 by Dan_w
Replied by Dan_w on topic Gaz's jimny on a shoe string
Looking great Gaz, its comming along great guns, I like the recovery points :)

That mess looks exactly the same as what came out of my diffs when I changed my oil :unsure:

• adamjimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Feb 2013 05:29 - 21 Feb 2013 05:33 #63483 by adamjimny
Replied by adamjimny on topic Gaz's jimny on a shoe string
i must admit that is looking very very nice it all goes well together
Last edit: 21 Feb 2013 05:33 by adamjimny.

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Feb 2013 08:33 #63488 by gaz3359
cheers guys im more than happy with how its turning out now better than i thought especially concidering im still trying to keep the spending to a minimum.

• stevenb
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Feb 2013 13:22 #63499 by stevenb
Replied by stevenb on topic Gaz's jimny on a shoe string
lcomeing along very nicley budy ,how anoying was it to do the power steering and alt belt
mine,s wineing like hek so need to get them done .

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Feb 2013 21:57 #63572 by gaz3359
there not too bad just a bit fiddley as there isnt alot of room plus i have hands like shovels so that doesnt dont help lol

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds