× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Gaz's reasonably priced jimny..

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Oct 2014 20:45 #126790 by gaz3359
Replied by gaz3359 on topic Gaz's reasonably priced jimny..
After my trip to the lakes I had a damaged tyre replaced that with an insa sahara.also replaced the nsr wheel bearing as it was a bit noisey.used a better quality one than last time round.also after driving a few rocky sections I thought I really needed a fuel tank guard so rather than buy one I made one cost me £10 and some time caveman methods, grinder, hammer, drill.rather happy with result

File Attachment:

Quick lick of metal paint

File Attachment:

fitted

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2014 09:20 #127543 by kirkynut
Still coming on nicely mate. Have you got a transfer box guard too?

Did Kingpin reply?

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Oct 2014 14:37 #127563 by gaz3359
Always something to do lol saving for a rocklobster next I reccon

kingpin paid for a new tyre thankfully.

Ive been running a home made transfer box guard but made a couple of changes recently.

Just seen you thread sorry to hear that hope you have a speedy recovery.

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Nov 2014 17:38 #129594 by gaz3359
Couple more small updates.

Got hold of a Redacted cradle off a mate

File Attachment:

After my last trip to the lakes I got hung up on the back diff on a boulder sort of hidden in some mud.thinking nothing of it at the time untill i went to change the rear diff oil and noticed the ring around the drain plug flattened, so had a think about some form of skid plates after a bit of thought I had an idea, I had 2 bits of offcut from my winch tray bit of fettle and ive fitted them, bolt to the bolts that hold the diff in and ive welded them to the already welded on ora guards that protect the crown wheel.quick lick of black paint, hopefully should do the job.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Nov 2014 17:31 #130924 by gaz3359
Couple more updates

I knew this was looming but the dreaded tin worm needed attention in the boot,i knew when i got it there was a bit of rust but nothing too bad just about 2 years later and an mot looming soon it needed some repairs not as bad as i thought few patches and some paint and underseal later job done couple of pics.

Got hold of some ora panhard rods in good nick with recent fitted new rose joints i also got some spares aswell.fitted up and also replaced a track rod on the drag link when adjusting the steering wheel as there was a small ammount of play one less thing for mot time,also i noticed my front standard panhard have a very slight kink in it so that wont have been helping.

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Nov 2014 17:45 - 29 Nov 2014 17:46 #130926 by gaz3359
Last edit: 29 Nov 2014 17:46 by gaz3359.

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Dec 2014 08:57 #132238 by gaz3359
Another update, for a while my clutch has got stiffer and stiffer with noticing a leak from the box after last trip out I whipped the box out this week, new exedy clutch kit and a missing bung replaced all sorted now, weird getting used to the clutch now as it is light as a feather. Keeps me on the road if we get any really bad weather.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Dec 2014 21:54 #133485 by gaz3359
Couple more updates, i noticed last week a drip of coolant on the garage floor turned out to be coming from the water pump did this christmas eve,had a spare there so bought some new coolant couple hrs and it was sorted think it was just the sealant as there was no play or worn bearings in the pump changed it for my good spare anyways.

also ive made some small wheel arch extensions if you can call them that my wheels stick out ever so enough that a muddy puddle and the side windows are covered and cant see out.made them from a plastic water drum sitck out about 15mm enough to cover the tyres,not yet tried them but see if they make a difference if not easy removed.also leaving them blue as i quite like the colour.hopefully out on some lanes tue coming and the following sunday see how they do.

Attachments:

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Dec 2014 20:04 #133557 by gaz3359
Dicking about in the yard at work today donuts ? ☺

• RichiesJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Dec 2014 22:32 #133567 by RichiesJimny
Replied by RichiesJimny on topic Gaz's reasonably priced jimny..
You need a locker Gaz :laugh: :laugh:

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Dec 2014 22:58 #133572 by gaz3359
Yea id agree in 2wd it was just spinning really in 4wd it was sliding plus there was a couple of dry bits.good laugh

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Feb 2015 20:51 #137959 by gaz3359
Thought id do a small update although nothing really of interest. Had a couple of trips out over the festive period then it was mot time.gave all the brakes a good strip and clean and the jimny a decent wash, passed with one advisory of leaking swivel, knew about this but wanted to see if there was anything else picked up on test.the tester commented on how solid it was.

so past month or so ive changed all the kingpins and halfshaft seals.
Fitted a new clutch cable,(with that and the recent clutch its as light as a feather)
Other day I did an oil and filter change, always do this every 6 month regardless of miles.
In my never ending quest to find some softer rear shocks I fitted another pair the other day along with drilling the lower mounts out and fitting the bolts and nuts ive had for ages.think im there now finally have some give in the rear end never drove this good for a while.
Also been thinking about some brigher reverse lamp bulbs for a while as one of mine had gone off after seeing halfords the other week I bought some led lamps off ebay fitted them today easy enough to fit and really bright.couple of not really interesting pics.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds