BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Kirkynut's Jimny (aka Daddy's Tractor) - The Evolution continues...

More
02 Jul 2020 21:53 #224414 by RainerK
Be carful and watch this tire. The carcasses might have been damaged and also over time might get moisture inside. Because it is a rear tire it might br not so bad if it fails.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2020 11:54 #224533 by kirkynut

RainerK wrote: Be carful and watch this tire. The carcasses might have been damaged and also over time might get moisture inside. Because it is a rear tire it might br not so bad if it fails.

Nah, it was a very thin one and got bent at 90' so it kind of went sideways into the surface and a block of tread. It really wasn't in deep enough to bother the carcass but you don't know that until you pull the buggers out!

Thank you though.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
19 Jul 2020 19:39 #225344 by kirkynut
I was doing some drawing with my son last week and I drew this, which I became a bit fond of!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
19 Jul 2020 20:02 #225350 by Lambert
there's something about the side profile of the gen3, it just looks right. (Even if it is drawn in a conceptual art kinda way!)

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
19 Jul 2020 20:07 - 19 Jul 2020 20:07 #225352 by kirkynut

Lambert wrote: there's something about the side profile of the gen3, it just looks right. (Even if it is drawn in a conceptual art kinda way!)

Conceptual art! Thank you for being so polite about my crappy drawing that most likely, only I like!

Kirkynut

Last edit: 19 Jul 2020 20:07 by kirkynut.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

• Lambert
    Registered
More
19 Jul 2020 20:18 #225357 by Lambert
all expression is art and all art is good. Except mime. Mime is an abomination unto Nuggen!

More
16 Jan 2021 20:28 - 16 Jan 2021 20:30 #231854 by kirkynut

It's the end of my Jimny story.

Kirkynut

Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Jan 2021 20:30 by kirkynut.

More
16 Jan 2021 20:36 #231855 by Soeley

More
16 Jan 2021 21:09 #231856 by HUN
Apparently I missed something from this sad story. What was the motivation?

TrailMaster 2" lift kit
Full floating rear axle conversion, JB underbody guards & recovery points
ORE transfer box HD brackets
T-Max split charge system
X-Shock Dakar ceramic clutch kit & roof rack
Flo-Flex castor polybushes
Kumho KL71 tyres
AVM manual hubs
ORA radius arm guards
Push-fit breathers

• Lambert
    Registered
More
17 Jan 2021 05:39 #231861 by Lambert
It's The Hotel California Mr Kirky Nut, you can check out whenever you want but you can never leave.

You will be back.

More
17 Jan 2021 10:36 #231870 by yakuza
As we can clearly see from the picture above, the frame and body are serviceable parts. All the fun and business parts have not been binned?

I go with Lambert.

You will be back.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
17 Jan 2021 23:13 #231896 by kirkynut
Unfortunately chaps, I'll not be back.

The shell is very rotten and the chassis is cracked. The guy who's taken it is a scrap man and an off roader. The chassis will be recycled into something else and the shell will be truck cabbed and welded up before being put on a Disco 300 tdi chassis as the Disco had rolled. It will live on as purely an off road monster at my local club!

I've sold the engine, gearbox, external cage, Rocklobster, axles, all my spares etc.

I have the half leather interior, wheels and tyres and some bits and pieces that will likely sell easily and are small enough to post left, which I'll sort out next set of rest days and list in the For Sale section here first.

Then I'll use the money I've got from breaking the Jimny towards a bigger 4x4 that is big enough for our family, which is looking Disco 2 shaped at the moment.

I've always lusted after a Disco and now is the time. I've had the Jimny a very long time and now it's time to move on.

I'll pop in here and keep an eye on Lambert every now and then I'm sure!

Kirkynut

Time to create page: 0.262 seconds