BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

JA22 Transfer Case Swap

More
19 Sep 2022 07:10 #245006 by Blueiyz
I heard that shaping a JA22 Transfer Case into my JA12 will put les stress on my jimny on the highway. First off will a JA22 fit into my 1996 JA12? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2022 14:08 #245010 by fordem
Replied by fordem on topic JA22 Transfer Case Swap
I'd love to know where you heard that, and more importantly what was the basis for the statement...

As far as I know, they both use the same transfer case - I took a quick look at the parts catalogs (and I do mean a quick look), the planetary reduction gears, which would be the "heart" of the transfer case, are the same. - I see nothing to suggest there would be any reduction in stress.

More
23 Sep 2022 16:02 #245086 by jackonlyjack
I would say change the transfer box oil regularly and don't worry about it
I put my transfer box through hell and so do others 

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds