BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Any good racing seats that fit my 3rd gen?

More
13 Oct 2022 08:45 #245420 by DrRobin
The Raptor sub-frames are out of stock, so I have bought sub-frames from MasterForest.

They worked out as £165 for both driver and passenger with delivery to the UK, but then there will be import VAT (20%) and possibly a small amount of duty (2.5%) plus the usual rip off handling fee.

Once I have the sub frames I am going to buy the BB6s.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2022 09:59 #245443 by jackonlyjack
I think member Keithy has the BB6's in his Jimny
fit nice and look well 

More
15 Oct 2022 18:35 #245448 by DrRobin
Sub-frames arrived today, but of course I was out all day so they are at the local pick up point. No duty, £33 VAT and £5 handling fee by DPD, a lot less than RM and only 2 dats from France pretty impressive.

I will order the BB6s on Monday.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

More
23 Oct 2022 17:55 #245541 by DrRobin
New seats fitted, about 3 hours on Sat and slightly longer today.  The need to be positioned just right, side to side to clear the door and also plastic trim round the hand brake, this took a couple of dry runs and then drill some new mounting holes in the sub-frames.

They are about the same height as the original seats, so the driving position is much the same, but they have much better back support and a short test drive suggests they are more comfy than the originals, time and a long journey will tell.

Overall very pleased, a good call JackonlyJack.

The sub frames added a fair bit to the overall cost, but we’ll worth it to avoid hacking the original seats and welding in new cross members.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jackonlyjack, Soeley

More
23 Oct 2022 18:13 #245542 by jackonlyjack
They look spot on Pal
Think I will change my seats again next year 
After doing a trials other week on a really demanding course my old body can't take the minimal padding on the BB5's 
Could you please tell me the seat mounting measurements for the BB6 
to see if they will fit my subframes 

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
24 Oct 2022 03:18 #245551 by Lambert
Those look great!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
24 Oct 2022 09:07 #245553 by DrRobin
JackonlyJack, the runners are 345mm side to side and 270-310mm front to back (there are several mounting holes). I would imagine this is the same as your BB5s if they are fitted with runners, but BB Classics would confirm.

The Master Forest sub-frames are nearer 375mn side to side, but right distance front to back. I used the inner holes and drilled two new ones on the outside. Actually drilled a 3rd to get the bolts further apart and gain more travel.

Lambert, very pleased with the seats, but think I will have to put the standard passenger back in when I go to see my Mum, I don’t think she will be able ‘to climb in’.  Fortunately it only takes about 15mins to swap over.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds