BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

04 jimny 3" lift advice

More
03 Sep 2022 12:53 #244842 by Scot The Sniper
im back as everyone sighs lol the jimny has been of the rd since my last post and i bought panhard rods 4 weeks ago and now there evantually fitted. i have a 04 jimny in for repair i have meassured his front and rear panhard rods from bolt hole to bolt hole and rear is 15mm out and front is 8mm out i hope this is ok to do it that way or is it not adive please. p.s i need one radious arm bolt for this other jimny as i had to take the radius arm of to weld a bit on it and snapped the rear radious arm bolt that was even with heat if anyone has a spare to send me i would be so greatfull as you can only but then in 4x bolts p.s im glad to be back its been of the road since my last post i was depressed with it lol and iam glad to be back as this forum has a great bunch of ppl on here hope to hear back from you soon. scot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
More
04 Sep 2022 11:53 #244858 by Scot The Sniper
Thank you very much Jack also looking for a rear lower shock absorber bolt as well Jack?

More
12 Sep 2022 12:44 - 12 Sep 2022 12:46 #244934 by X8GGY
Last edit: 12 Sep 2022 12:46 by X8GGY.

More
23 Sep 2022 19:11 #245090 by Scot The Sniper
Ok more woes I have fitted and adjusted front and rear panhardrods took it for a drive and it is better but I think I need it the 4 wheel alignment done as I'm sure there out big time as when I got back to my garage air bag light on code B1021 and Google says if horn not working its the clock spring behind the wheel the ribbon has snapped so steering must be well out advice plz

More
24 Sep 2022 09:09 #245093 by jackonlyjack
Did you notice the steering wheel was not in same location as before the lift? 
Drive it in a straight line, get out and look where the pitman arm is off bottom of steering box 
Ideally it should be sat in line with the chassis leg see picture below. 
If it's not then you will need to undue both ends of steering drag bar hub and steering box the one in front of axle. 
Keeping both front wheels on the ground rotate the drag bar till pitman arm is in location in a straight line with chassis leg. 

However this will probably not fix your airbag light situation 

Attachments:

More
24 Sep 2022 10:02 #245094 by Mike G
Replied by Mike G on topic 04 jimny 3" lift advice
I recently had the same airbag issue.  Whilst doing my body lift, I had turned the wheel too many times in one direction and pulled the ribbon contacts off.  I took the clockspring unit out, used a lighter to burn back some of the insulation on the ribbon cable and had a go at it with a soldering iron. Keeping the ribbon tidy and loosely wound was a bit of a pain when putting it back together.

It worked for a while, but I will have to fix it again as the soldering isn't very well done and every now and again the light blips on.  If it fails next time I'll just bite the bullet and buy a used one.  But it would be enough to get it through an MOT.

2" Trailmaster suspension lift, 2"body lift, snorkel, full breather kit, 29" steel wheels with BFG tyres, tinted rear windows, CRT CB radio with modulator antenna mounted on rear, dog cage and tray in the back.

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds